Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ID Excel - loose nuts in control box

bhershey

I dissembled this unit to ship it to someone, and when I took out the two screws that hold the control box to the arm, two nuts released INSIDE the unit.

How do I get this thing open to retrieve the nuts? I looked in the battery flaps, they are sealed, I took off the speaker grille with no luck, can't see any other screws holding this thing together UGH

Thank you,
Brian

Fisher said nobody is at the company that can help me, so they gave me the name of another company that services them. They would not tell me anything over the phone and would charge me $50 just to open it up and send it back. Double UGH!

Unless someone here has a better idea, I'll dremel the holes large enough to drop out the nuts and then figure out another way to attach it to the arm.

[attachment 367831 0701191716.jpg]

I think you take the nut loose on the coil connector in the back and push forward on it and all of the internals will slide out.

There may be 2 screws also back there by the coil connector that need to be removed also.

That worked! lol Should I call out the company that told me a special tool is needed and wanted $50 to do it? OMG

I'm glad you got it man!! Yeah 50 is ridiculous then you also have to figure in shipping.

bhershey said:
That worked! lol Should I call out the company that told me a special tool is needed and wanted $50 to do it? OMG

What was the special tool a screw driver?