Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

id normal

This has no effect on performance - it only standardizes ID numbers across all 4 frequencies . . . but remember, the way certain targets respond at different frequencies does allow differentiation to be made with it off . . .

Andy

I don't use normalization because I love the quick frequency change that is possible with the Deus for verifying targets. I hear alot of folks complaining about the Deus being hot on bottle caps. I hunt in 12Khz 95% of the time and I verify my targets in my 4Khz program that I have set up in the middle of the two 12Khz programs that I have saved. I rarely dig bottlecaps using this system. I have tested it many times and it's a very reliable verification process. The VDI of a target switching from 12Khz to 4Khz should drop considerably. If the VDI stays high on a bottlecap type signal then you can pretty much count on it being a bottlecap or other rusted junk. I am not saying that it is a perfect method but it works for me.

pescadore said:
I don't use normalization because I love the quick frequency change that is possible with the Deus for verifying targets. I hear alot of folks complaining about the Deus being hot on bottle caps. I hunt in 12Khz 95% of the time and I verify my targets in my 4Khz program that I have set up in the middle of the two 12Khz programs that I have saved..

Great system! I will be trying that myself! I dont like the normal either. Seems to degrade the audio signal. I think its just me though.

I use the same system and do not dig bottle caps any longer. I got the idea from watching the Ged's PeaceHavens videos.
Mike. HH