Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm holding on to my Tesoros......

padiggin

I have two of them, a Tejon and an older (1994) Sting Ray II. Tesoro upgraded my Sting Ray a couple years ago with new waterproof headphones, a new coil and a new face plate. Works like a champ. I'm holding on to mine.

Me too! They are just plain fun to use. Simple and work very, very well. Some of my favorite machines hands down.

Me too!! I use my Tesoros more than any of my other detectors.

Same here, I've had my Tesoros for 20 years and while I've added 2 of the latest and greatest detectors my Tesoros are still my go to's when the going gets tough. Never had any problems with any of them and don't expect to.

I've noticed that the highly sought after "for sale" Tesoro models have all but disapeared from Fleebeigh and the forums for good reason. Owners still use them.

Tejon
Lobo Super Traq (2)
Bandido 2 Umax
Silver Sabre Umax
Mojave
Troy Shadow X2

Along with a full set of coils to cover each detector from 4-11 inch

When it does break what do we do then,will there be someone who will start repairing Tesoro or do we throw them in the trash.Do we sell them to get some of our money back. I liked Tesoro better than other brands because other companys think of nothing but push pads electronics I don't do menus only knobs,Guess I will have to go Garrett style but man they are so much heavier than the Tesoro,Tesoros are rly good for us older people.GARRETT PLEASE BUY OUT TESORO if Tesoro closes the doors.

Just because Tesoro as a business is a sinking ship......

No reason not to hang onto your Tesoros and use them. They have always been excellent machines.
They don't fail like some modern machines, wouldn't worry about them breaking down. There are so many still working after 30 years and bet there are many closet queens waiting to be discovered.

Heck, I keep buying them. Used of course. Maybe, that was Tesoro's fate. To many used machines to choose from. With many years of production of multiple models to choose from and all do about the same thing.
With the advent of the internet and all. Just too easy to buy used. Kinda killed there new machine market to some degree. I don't know, Just thinking out loud. WheatyMike

wheatymike said:
Heck, I keep buying them. Used of course. Maybe, that was Tesoro's fate. To many used machines to choose from. With many years of production of multiple models to choose from and all do about the same thing.
With the advent of the internet and all. Just too easy to buy used. Kinda killed there new machine market to some degree. I don't know, Just thinking out loud. WheatyMike

I think you're right. Tesoros tend to be so durable that even the old ones still work, and still find stuff. That had to cut into new sales.

-Ken

Yep My New Tone Golden is going no where. Last time one was on the bay it sold for almost 500.00. They did not make many of them before they lost the program or whatever happened?
They seem to be at least a inch hotter than old tone models if You have a good one.

Harold said:
Yep My New Tone Golden is going no where. Last time one was on the bay it sold for almost 500.00. They did not make many of them before they lost the program or whatever happened?
They seem to be at least a inch hotter than old tone models if You have a good one.
Yes they are probably as rare as hen's teeth.

I can not give up none of my Tesoros. They find things and that small gold. I don't like buttons or computers detectors. I have hard enough time working this thing. I will always stick to my knobs.

I don't see me ever parting with any of mine, unless one stops working and I either can't have it repaired or the cost is astronomical vs it's usefulness to me.
I may and probably will buy other detectors, but the ones I have I chose carefully and have no need to let them go.

I just realized much of the above is correct.
In the days of engineering failing parts in to encourage people to buy more, tesoro kept making bulletproof machines
Yes some argue they didn't keep up with the times, and there's some truth to that.
But one thing is for sure. They went out the right way. They went out because their machines don't just break like other manufacturers causing you to pay high repair fees which peoe usually just buy a new detector. No, tesoro would still fix your detector out of warranty most times for the $50 and your payment to have it shipped to them.
That type of company mentality along with lifetime warranties are a thing of the past
I for one am happy they did t choose the other route the rest did.... Cheaply made, easily broken, short warranty period. Better they went out standing by what they always believed in. Quality products they stood by. No other company had anywhere near the warranty and build quality. Some used to but went the way of engineering failures I to the product to boost future sales.

I worry now about my machines eventually failing, but I'm much more comfortable than I would be if any other US detector company went under and I had their product. By now they've all gone the way of cheap manufactuing and designed to fail detectors.

It would be a whole other conversation and trash talk if tesoro dropped their lifetime warranty and started making all plastic detectors with cheap boards.

If having the choice between them selling out like the rest or going under staying true to what they believed in as a company believing in their product enough to warranty it for life, I'll take the latter.