Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm late to the 7" concentric party

Stoof-tabsallday

But better late than never!!!
Just ordered the 7" round concentric for my racer 2 yeasterday and should ship Monday from a local Michigan dealer.
Had a nice coupon for fleabay and was able to use it for the coil.
Funny thing though....
I asked a couple dealers about this coil before and they said I had to order the scuff separately.
But when I asked the dealer I went through he assured me it comes with the coil and he even checked his warehouse to be sure.
So there are dealers that are pinching pennies and I'm happy that I'm a repeat customer with this localish to me Michigan dealer for his honesty. It's not that big of a deal to spend $12 for a cover but the small things like not making you pay for what should come with it was a nice touch. I'm not sure if they're sponsers here so I'm not saying who it is, but I'm happy with them.

And I hope that all I heard about this coil is true. I love the gold+ concentric 5.5x10 on my relic and I have mid soil so I'm excited to get my hands on a concentric for my racer 2 :)

Is a great coil. I think you will really like using it.

Thanks Gregg. A lot of you guys seem to like it on your Racers and kruzer. I love concentric and seeing that I don't plan on a new detector this year, figured I might as well go for that coil. I don't see myself parting with my racer 2 anytime soon.

You have some very good detectors. You don't need another unless you think buying the newest thing down the pike will help you find stuff. Some of my very best finds were with the Original Red Racer and I use it as much today as I did 3 years ago when they came out. As far as my Racer machines, for the sites I hunt, I'm down to basically using two coils the 7" Concentric and a small coil ( rather its the oor coil or 5" or NEL Snake coil)

Some dealers will rip you or anyone else off if they can. Just like the guy ( Jeff in Pa ) that's selling the Minelab Equinox 800 in the Metal Detecting Classified Forum. However he's looking to make a few bucks by doing this. That's just how some people are. But ..But it's up to the person who is buying to call around. I wanted to buy a coil and I knew the cover came with it, so I asked and they told me I had to purchase it separately. Well before I called to order it I called the manufacturer and they told me it came with it. So I thought , well hmmm, they are ripping me off. So I had them deliver it with free shipping and when they delivered it I refused it. So now it was shipped back to them at there cost. And I got all my money back. So ask around before buying or call the manufacturer and see what they tell you. Then you can call out the dealer on them ripping you off. If you allow it , they will keep doing it. GS

Yeah I understand some people trying to make a buck. But dealers shouldn't do that.
Luckily the one I bought from said, that's weird because it's on there. And "don't worry it'll be on there when you receive it

Stefan,

The 7" concentric is my favorite Racer 2 coil. Just seems to be the perfect size for yard hunting as well as old deserted desert areas.

Interested to read what you think of it.

Rich

Will post how it works out. Bench tested so far and looks good.

Thoughts so far Stoof? How goes your 7" concentric?

Rich -

Still haven't made it out. Been bouncing shifts.
Lol I suck lately.

LOL well even if ya can't make it out.......at least you can sleep well at night knowing there is a very good 7" coil hanging on the end of your machine :)

They're about to bounce me again to midnights lol.
Ugh. Sleep is something I try to get but can't get in a pattern

Don't worry about it. The rest of us with the 7" concentric have already found all the good stuff. :pinnochio

That keeps me up nights, Tom Slick..... :-(