Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm looking for a NEL "Hunter" coil for my Whites 6.59 Khz machines.

They are currently out of production, Metaldetector.com has it listed as "out of stock" and NEL only currently has Hunter coils for the Whites 8Khz machines.

They are currently out of production, Metaldetector.com has it listed as "out of stock" and NEL only currently has Hunter coils for the Whites 8Khz machines.
they are hard to find . I went ahead and ordered one for my xlt about a month ago . I inquired about it 2 weeks ago with metal detector.com and they told me they expected a shipment sometime this month . I hope so but I’m thinking I won’t recieve it until next month sometime with the holidays and all .

Albert,did you order the NEL Hunter (12.5"x8.5") coil or the NEL Sharpshooter (9.5"x5.5") coil? I just heard on the FB Whites XLT group forum that there were ground balancing issues with the larger double D coils (Including the larger NEL Hunter 12.5"x8.5" coil.) and Whites XLT detectors and that's supposedly why NEL stopped producing the 12.5"x8.5" Hunter coil. I'm wondering if it's an issue with all of the Whites 6.59Khz detectors since I also own an Eagle II sl, 6000 Pro xl and a Classic III xl with the Mr Bill mods that I'd be trying with the larger NEL Hunter coil.

Last edited:
Albert,did you order the NEL Hunter (12.5"x8.5") coil or the NEL Sharpshooter (9.5"x5.5") coil? I just heard on the FB Whites XLT group forum that there were ground balancing issues with the larger double D coils (Including the larger NEL Hunter 12.5"x8.5" coil.) and Whites XLT detectors and that's supposedly why NEL stopped producing the 12.5"x8.5" Hunter coil. I'm wondering if it's an issue with all of the Whites 6.59Khz detectors since I also own an Eagle II sl, 6000 Pro xl and a Classic III xl with the Mr Bill mods that I'd be trying with the larger NEL Hunter coil.
Just curious what your trying to achieve that the White's coil line up can't ?

I'm looking for a (Out of production)NEL "Hunter" DD coil for my Whites XLT/6.59kHz machines.
Interesting! I am constantly being drawn to that freq./kHz, or one in particular within that proximity. That has to be a copyright issue? A person I metal detect with has a detector with single freq./kHz. I believe it is 6.6 kHz. And, he does very well with it. My White's Spectra V3i has 7.5 kHz. It has capabilities of offsetting the freq. Much to learn! I just called my local White's dealer, and he does not have that coil. He does have a few for the V3i! I will have to buy them while they are available. I have said all that to say this, I have learned something about the particular freq./kHz. Thanks for the post!

Just curious what your trying to achieve that the White's coil line up can't ?
The Whites coils for their 6.59 Khz detectors were all concentric coils except for one small coil (Shooter 4x6 coil).A DD coil scans more ground per sweep due to the field pattern. A concentric coil's em field pattern is shaped like a cone with the greatest depth at the center of the coil, a DD coil's pattern is shaped like a narrow rectangle which goes from back to front of the coil allowing a greater scan area with each sweep. Also, the DD Coil's scan pattern is narrow from side to side of the coil much like a windshield wiper so it's separation between good and junk targets is way better than a concentric coil.

Last edited:
The Whites coils for their 6.59 Khz detectors were all concentric coils except for one small coil (Shooter 4x6 coil).A DD coil scans more ground per sweep due to the field pattern. A concentric coil's em field pattern is shaped like a cone with the greatest depth at the center of the coil, a DD coil's pattern is shaped like a narrow rectangle which goes from back to front of the coil allowing a greater scan area with each sweep. Also, the DD Coil's scan pattern is narrow from side to side of the coil much like a windshield wiper so it's separation between good and junk targets is way better than a concentric coil.
I use the Sierra 12" Hotshot or the White's 15" for field coverage. A great trick for separation in busier areas is using the 5" or stock 9" and crank SAT to 10. For whatever reason, the high SAT setting shrinks up the target field and really helps in target separation and actually does little to threshold adjustment like its meant.The Spectrum's like the DFX and later, SAT speed has more control over threshold adjustment, so that trick won't help on those units. Just afraid you'll be disappointed with that coil purchase.

The nel sharp shooter. There's one on ebay for 295 right now . Too expensive for me . The one from metal detectors .com is 142 if they ever get them . I managed to get a cors 6x9 for my garrett cx111 for a decent price since I couldn't get the 7x3 crossfire coil for it. It seems to work find . Hopefully there's no issues when and if they ever send me the sharp shooter for the xlt.

just recieved an email , that the sharp shooter for my xlt is being shipped . You might want to see if they have the Mel hunter in stock now if you’re still interested

just recieved an email , that the sharp shooter for my xlt is being shipped . You might want to see if they have the Mel hunter in stock now if you’re
Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered a Sharpshooter XLT compatable coil through my local dealer from Detectors.com. $140.00 from MD.com is a lot better price than the $295 that yahoo on ebay is trying to get for one. I don't think NEL is going to be producing any more Hunter coils for White's 6.59 Khz machines since there were problems with ground balancing. Apparently, once a DD coil gets past a certain size, it won't work right on any of the White's 6.59 Khz single freq. detectors.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered a Sharpshooter XLT compatable coil through my local dealer from Detectors.com. $140.00 from MD.com is a lot better price than the $295 that yahoo on ebay is trying to get for one. I don't think NEL is going to be producing any more Hunter coils for White's 6.59 Khz machines since there were problems with ground balancing. Apparently, once a DD coil gets past a certain size, it won't work right on any of the White's 6.59 Khz single freq. detectors.
Recieved the coil today . Going to test it out . Hopefully it will work as well as I expect it to .