Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In the BEACH with my first MD, story & pics.

resident

Hello.
I am new to this, like most, I always wanted one as a kid, but we we're poor and I didn't have much time for it.
Well not much has changed, except for the fact that I do have alot of time for it, and now I got one.
I bought my first one yesterday, well the first one I decided to keep, because a week ago, I bought the Bounty Hunter SCOUT from Ebay for $74, and didn't even open it. It looked like a toy, so I turned around and sold it the following day for $98. So I researched for a few days, and the only decision for my budget was, the DISCOVERY 3300 by B H of course.
I quickly opened it last night, and ran outside to test it. No luck, it was too dark, and the soil here was tough, and I couldn't see anything to understand it, I actually lost a dime and some pennies.
Well..........

Today, HAPPY EASTER, JESUS SAVES.

I went to the beach with my family, and the new addition to my family.
My new detector, I set my stuff down, and starting hunting.
I soon found it wasn't easy finding what I dug up. The detector did its job perfectly. Just that I would keep tossing the item I was searching for around in the sand. I mean I will dig up a hole, and then scan there, and it would be gone, so I would find it again, search through the sand, and it seams like I would throw it another feet or so. It was really funny, happened alot of time. The solution to this is simple, I need a SCOOP.
I mean the digging on beach sand is not bad, but trying to locate your item, can take minutes. After it all, it was just a penny, yeah I found alot of those, I actually found more keepers then garbage, I mean an honest 93% of what I found I kept, and they we're coins.

My problem today was the scortching sun, the lack of preparation, not having a Scoop, and not having pockets, I also don't have the headphones, but after today, I don't think I need them, although I want to buy some. I found the detector to work perfect without headphones, I mean after the first hour, I wouldn't look at the screen unless it made the sound that I liked. The beep type of sound, the one that wasn't so dull lol.

After the first hour, I was getting used to and learning what the numbers meant, I mean I had it on ALL METAL mode. I didn't discriminate anything, I mean, I'm not racist. lol
I mean I knew that around 60 was probably a penny. 90 and even sometimes almost 199 was sometimes a quarter. Anything below 40 was always a bottlecap or pull tap. Sometimes at a high read it would just be a dumb soda can. Thats the only thing that bothered me today. I dug up like 10 of them, but one was planted by my parents playing around. Your digging and digging and almost sure its something good, like a quarter, because of the numbers. Then all you find is an Aluminum can.
I happened to cut myself with half of a can that I was digging up. I was sure it was a quarter, but it ended up being blood from the tip of my finger. Luckly it wasn't deep, and aluminum doesn't rust. I can't get it off my mind, ohh because I am typing and I feel the pain with every letter.
The smallest cuts hurt the most don't they.
Besides all the garbage I found, which I did carry to a garbage can.
I found alot of goodies, I mean for my first day, and my first time.
How good you expect me to do, I was a MD Virgin.
A day in the beach with my 3300 changed that.
Please don't get excited guys, I am not a girl, and I am not gay.
Im just being funny, still excited, I mean weren't you.

I0sKXwJaJQcBdK29fdTYak12lq2L.jpg

oiYbYc1QsGniLFTXBBvda5vkutgw.jpg

BbsAFIcS40CG0VBEYqrXY3Mw9suw.jpg

I found
9 quarters ( 1966 to recent, nothing special)
18 pennies ( haven't examined them yet)
7 dimes
Some misc. items, pencil, lighter, twist offs, bottle caps, pull taps.
Also a rock that reads like a quarter, will examine better later.
Last of all, a coin shaped thing, that appears to be a dog tag.
Its dated 1958, don't know what it is, will take better picture later.

A total of $3.13, man thats not minimum wage, I am underpaid.

I got a small sunburn, I am tired, my knees hurt alot, the tip of my finger it cut, and I am sleepy, but I had a great experience, and learned alot.
Luckily I had on my dark sunglasses.
I need a pouch, or to wear shorts with Pockets, I didn't today, bummer.

I am still new, and I still have alot to learn.
I need a scoop, some knee pads, and headphones.
Although other then to save batterys, I don't need them.
The Discovery 3300 happens to work great without them.
Also I bought rechargable batteries, so thats not a problem.

Well I am going to be away until Thursday, from the internet and from my detector, but I will be back.

Thanks for reading, its alot of typing.
Good day or Good night.
RESIDENT LE037

Now that the kind of posting we like.
Go to www.firstontop.com and you will find some tips and tricks that will work for your 3300 detector.
Good luck and find more goodies.:clap:

Welcome to the hobby. You sure did a lot better than my fisrt time. As time goes on it will get even better'

Mike

Congrats! I can remember the first time I went out. I was excited as you were. Welcome to metal detecting.

-Bill

Just fyi: tetanus is not caused by rust, but a bacteria in soil, dust, etc.

Anyway, good first day!

HI

welcome to the site ! if your looking for a good place to get stuff for your hobby. check out kellycometaldetectors.on line. hope that helps!

priscilla