Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Incorrectly Mapped School House Return Visit

miserman

I returned to the 1870's one room school house that I hunted about two weeks. On the first hunt, I was told by the owner that the map was wrong and that the actual location was 3/4 mile farther down the road. The owner also told me the property had been owned by his family since the mid 1850's and he was sure that it had never been hunted. The thirteen coins found on the first hunt was a good indication to me that he was right. The site is a very large corn field and the school location was quickly narrowed down the last time by locating the area that had broken brick and glass. When I hunted it the last time I marked off the area where I stopped getting hits while hunting in All Metal Mode. Also on the first hunt, whenever I dug a coin, I marked the spot by sticking part of a corn stalk in the ground. Upon arrival at the site again, the corn stalks were still sticking up and a pattern was very apparent. I started off by hunting this "hot spot" area at a 90 degree angle. I was able to find three more early Wheats and two Indian Heads while using the stock coil on the F75. After about 5 hours of hunting the entire area, I put on the Nel 12" X 13" Tornado coil and recovered one more Indian that I missed. While I had hopes of finding more silver, the six old pennys was not a disappointment. I'm sure this site has more to offer and I hope to go back in the Fall after the dirt has been plowed again....thanks for looking

Attachments

• 3738F9F3-068F-43B5-9925-2E213A91090A.jpeg
    3738F9F3-068F-43B5-9925-2E213A91090A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 175
  • 5C87D9A2-0C27-4682-9535-2D5BC5D9127B.jpeg
    5C87D9A2-0C27-4682-9535-2D5BC5D9127B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 167
  • A4F0687F-5ACC-407A-9D15-E7DB4F4BBBFF.jpeg
    A4F0687F-5ACC-407A-9D15-E7DB4F4BBBFF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
Very nice finds!! You are definitely on the right spot!!

I like your thoughts, here's another thought I learned last year about cleaning out a good hunting spot, put a stick in the ground and go in circles around the stick until you get a 10 foot diameter circle, then move the stick and repeat. This will give you angles that you won't get normally. It's not worth doing in a non productive area but in high productive areas it's worth the time.

I like your thoughts, here's another thought I learned last year about cleaning out a good hunting spot, put a stick in the ground and go in circles around the stick until you get a 10 foot diameter circle, then move the stick and repeat. This will give you angles that you won't get normally. It's not worth doing in a non productive area but in high productive areas it's worth the time.
SL52 what a great idea!! Thanks 🙏
Although someone driving by might think I’m drunk walking in circles 🤣🤣