Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Indisputably the worlds most powerful prospecting detector

That is it, plain and simple. People discuss detectors a lot, and often the discussion is over what is best. One thing however there is little argument over by the vast majority of professional prospectors who metal detect for gold. The ones who make a living at it. And that is the fact that the Minelab PI detector series revolutionized the prospecting world. I do not think anybody, even the most optimistic person at Minelab, could ever have foreseen the impact the detectors would end up having and the huge numbers of them that have sold and continue to sell. Not only is this true, but Minelab by virtue of a huge lead in development and key patents holds a virtual monopoly on the upper end of the market segment. No competitor seriously suggests they have anything that competes head to head with the GPX 5000.

Quite an achievement and something so taken for granted now it goes without saying. So I figured it was time to say it again. Congratulations to Bruce Candy and the other engineers at Minelab that over time have produced a metal detector that is truly one of a kind.

Steve Herschbach

...dang....and I've just secured myself an almost unused GP3500.....somehow I think I'll be okay with it...:smoke:

The last of the great analogue machines....but that's okay as I still listen to plenty of vinyl...:)

Tony.

Hi Tony,

I mean ALL the Minelab PI models. The GP 3500 is a fabulous detector. Still better than anything anyone else makes. Minelab is so far ahead that is I had to chose between a Garrett Infinium, a White's TDI, and a Minelab SD 2100, and I had to put food on the table.... I am getting the SD 2100. The GP 3500 is a sweet detector, and like a lot of people I get this vague feeling something gets lost going from analog to digital. The tones are not the same. Like going from a phonograph to an iPod. You lose the nuanced audio, and the GP 3500 will do you well.

Good luck!

The Infinium is by far better than ANY Minelab PI in the WATER and for the MONEY as well.
I own both and the GPX 5000 is my goto on dry land that's not exceptionally rugged.

I do believe at this point the minelab folks are making the best of their intellectual property... But for the less fortunate, help may be
On the way from other smart folks.

Cheers,

Tye

....last time I checked, Minelab PI's weren't designed for the WATER.....:blowup:

And strangely enough, my Landcruiser drives better on the beach than ANY Ferrari.

Tony said:
....last time I checked, Minelab PI's weren't designed for the WATER.....:blowup:

And strangely enough, my Landcruiser drives better on the beach than ANY Ferrari.

Thanks for restating my point about Minelab Pi's fragility ... Enter the Infinium which also is Ferrai like on dry ground!

Cheers,

Tye

You find a lot of gold nuggets underwater Tye? I would wager more gold nuggets have been found by a single Minelab PI on a single patch in a single day than all the gold nuggets found underwater by all the Infiniums in the world ever.

I have been one of the Infiniums biggest fans but I do not believe it has had more than a marginal impact on the prospecting world.

Yeah I would second that Steve. You rarely hear of much being found on the goldfields here in Oz with them either. :thumbup:

steve herschbach said:
You find a lot of gold nuggets underwater Tye? I would wager more gold nuggets have been found by a single Minelab PI on a single patch in a single day than all the gold nuggets found underwater by all the Infiniums in the world ever.

I have been one of the Infiniums biggest fans but I do not believe it has had more than a marginal impact on the prospecting world.

Yes, I have found a fair amount of gold underwater with the Infinium but most of it has been jewelery.
Almost all of my nugget hunting has been in dry placers using the Gpx 5000 most of the time.

My assertions about the Infinium were specific...and quite true.
On the other hand I would not make the statement that the Infinium has had more impact on gold nugget prospecting
Than my GPX 5000. So at this point, I don't see any disagreement with what you've said.

Now if you we're to say that the GPX 5000 was more versatile or provided more performance for the money than an Infinium,
We might have disagreement about those items.

Cheers,

Tye

& i just went back to a 2200 d :minelab::thumbup:
i love it :detecting:
runs super smooth & deep with a nugget finder 14 e coil
i like the analog audio & its simplicity