Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Inductive Induced Polarization

A

Anonymous

I came across this patent last week and I think this to be far advanced of Corbyn's PI unit. As some of you know I've been very interested in Induced Polarization and was planning to build a unit that used earth rods to charge the earth, but used a coil to receive the discharge pulse. This method claims to do the same thing using inductive coupling to the earth. Eric and all, check out patent# 4,114,086. The thing I liked about Induced Polarization is the way gold stands out against any other metals (especially iron with it's large grains and 10X longer time constant). I have finished a design for such a unit and will be putting it together an IP unit to test out in the Mojave gold fields in the coming weeks. Would like to know others thoughts on this. I firmly believe with a standard size coil used on VLF metal detectors I should be able to detect small nuggets as they do. The unknown is the time constant which will have to be determined by experimentation.
Randy Seden-Simi Valley,CA.

Hi Randy,
Have you looked up VETEM yet on a search engine. VETEM stand for Very Early Time ElectroMagnetics. This is a PI technique being developed to measure ground resistivity and, one would also imagine, it would respond to IP.
Eric.