Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium 101 (session-4)

Cupajo

Hi Gang,

Just to clarify my purpose for these posts. I hope by sharing my experiences I can help others in learning the LS. It's a class with me learning and the LS teaching. There are new lessons each time I get the beast in the water. Also it's an opportunity for those more knowledgeable than I (Bless 'Em) to offer helpful suggestions.

Today started fair enough and then, as if Mom Nature has it in for me, the wind shifted a few degrees and I found myself dealing with fair sized waves and a buffeting wind. The last time it happened I pulled out for home, but I knew there were "Honey Do's" waiting for me and decided I would rather struggle with Mother Nature.

Thanks to a couple of those more learned gents (You know who you are!!!) who shared how to quiet down the LS to a more comfortable volume I was able to avoid being over powered by the usual ear-shattering signals. 41/2 hours later I carried away 2- large clumps of what appears to be iron encrusted with oxidation (about fist sized) registering Hi/Lo in my ears, 5-nickles (2 badly eroded and encrusted) Hi/Lo, 2-badly encrusted & worn thin pennys (old ones) Hi/Lo,2-newer dimes (clad) Lo/Hi, and 3- clad quarters Lo/Hi, 9- fishing sinkers (from very small to 2oz in size) Hi/Lo, Misc. brass bits and a glasses earpiece and other odd junk 8-10 pieces Mixed signals, 1- large high school ring, 10K solid Hi/Lo and an old ring (mans large, but very light guage metal) with no marks and a break in the band (I'm sure it's gold and very old) Hi/Lo, but muted somewhat (due to the break I think).

I didn't find any of these at an unusual depth as I was working the gravel/ cobble stone area I prefer. Reducing the volume has allowed me the better understand the signals.

I gave a hurried Ground Balance in the water and kept the discrimination at 3-5. The threshold was at midpoint and due to the odd signals i kept it set lower part of the time. I was able to separate the good signals from the rest as all the finds prove. I dig 'em all!! (Unless they are huge!!!)

I'm pleased with my day of hard work and LS gave me an A+!! for the class!!!(gold)

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

(No-one gets 'em all, but I'm workin on it!!!)

Re: Infinium LS 101 Lesson #4
Posted by: diggindirt [ Send a PM ]
Date: June 01, 2008 08:16PM Registered: 2 years ago

Cupajo,

Congrats on the gold!!!

Time spent learning this detector will pay off really well as you can see. The fact that you're now hitting deep nickels and sinkers should let you know you're on your way to good success with the detector!

Thanks and HH!!!

Posted by: Black Davy [ Send a PM ]
Date: June 01, 2008 08:44PM Registered: 2 years ago

Cupajo,

Great to see the rusults and settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aarrrgghh!

Take what you can, Give up nothing!
Black Davy Condmach
Garrett Infinium LS
Minelab Quattro
Garrett GTAx 550
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Compass Yukon 94-IB

Posted by: Cupajo [ Send a PM ]
Date: June 01, 2008 09:17PM Registered: 6 weeks ago

Hey Thanks Guys,

You know, as I;m learning, that Infinium LS 101 is an on going class that will only end when you stop using the LS. I hope to earn a PHD with this thing!!!

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo