Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium Arm Cuff???

seahunter34

Have any Infinium users here changed or modified the stock Infinium arm cuff to one with a strap? What did you do? Obviously one could use heavy Velcro, but what other options might there be, short of cutting strap slots in the stock cuff? I do not think an Anderson or Whites cuff would fit the Infinium rod?

I had some heavy duty Velcro with adhesive. I forgot where I got it but it has stayed stuck and works fine.

The Velcro route I tried once... but it did not last long in the water. Much to my surprise I found a Whites Arm cuff with strap and it fits the Garrett shaft! I stuck the Whites bolt thru the last shaft hole, and the Infinium housing mounted as far forward under the cuff! I highly recommend doing this if you keep the Infinium shaft. I do not mind the stock shaft as it breaks down pretty quick for travel. The new cuff makes it even better for coil control in the sea!

Why Garrett does not provide a cuff with strap is beyond me? The strap makes a night and day difference! Perhaps they're worried about lawsuits? Like... his arm got caught in the strap and he went under???