Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium LS Stock Headphone

Scoopy

Hello Everyone, I've just got a Infinium LS and notice the headphone are not water proof, Will I be able to hunt in the surf with these? Long as I keep them above water? And what about the connection going in to the main box, will it be ok if I get it down in the water? ( submerge ), Thanks

The LAND head phones are OK in water up to your shoulders as long as waves do NOT splash them. The connector has an O-ring and is waterproof.
The blue water proof headphones worked OK for me for several years, but now I prefer the Gray Ghost Amphibians as they have a volume control and the cable is longer lessening the "pull" on the headphones when the control box is mounted on the upper shaft. However, the GG are almost twice the price of the blue. Both vintages (Pre and Post ATPro detector) of the Blue headphones will work with the Infinium.

Thanks Waterwalker, That's great! By the way have you ever had a problem with getting false signals with the control box on your belt? I've heard a few people has, Just wondering,Thanks ,Bill

Sorry to take so long to answer, just have not looked to see the other question about falsing...

I have had a problem when the coil connector hits the water - I get a false signal. I have yet to
test again as Garrett suggested and get back to them. I have been too busy using the ATX.
My temporary "fix" was to wrap electrical tape TIGHTLY around the metal connector so as to
isolate the connector from the water. It is tricky to get the tape ALL AROUND the connector,
but it can be done. I have to check if my other coils give the same falsing, something to do
when weather keeps me from enjoying the hobby. The falsing is not a game stopper, and the
quick, temporary fix works for me. And for one other Infinium user I know of.

Let me know if you try the tape and the results. Thanks.

Hey WaterWalker, Good to hear back from ya. I've been busy too, been up in Indiana selling my house. I got to water hunt last Friday morning ,first time with this machine. I loved the way in hunted, about an hour into the hunt I got a loud threshold roar so I changed the batteries ,turned it back on and got the four beeps but it wouldn't sound on anything metal so I called Texas and sent it to them. It should get there this Friday 7/24 So I'll see what they say. I have a Surf pi that I'll hunt with I get it back. I really liked the way it hunted. I did see some corrosion around the coil connection at the control box. So I guess they've had a problem with that connector? I'll post back and let you know how it when. Thanks, Bill

Waterwalker, I got my Infinium back last Friday. The cost was 106.00.They went over it and replaced all the O-rings, the on/off switch, fitting on box going to coil and replaced my 10x14 mono coil, the connection to the headset and tuned it. It was pretty sick! I also sent in my 10x14 dd coil and it checked out good. You was talking about using stretchy water proof tape for in the water, I'm going to try that, sounds good. Everything maybe good but it doesn't hurt (little insurance) , I took it out on the beach yesterday and in a bit I could tell the sound of beer tops and also Quarters,(It loves Quarters) I think I'm going to like it , I have been using a Surfmaster PI Dual field (and love It) in the water but on the beach it will dig you to death. Talk to ya later

Glad things worked out well. YES you will love the Infinium. The connectors are great, but do need a bit of very careful handling. Make sure the O-Ring is fully seated before screwing down the outer "nut". I cut one O-Ring but caught it before screwing the connector together. Ground balance, I do but the detector will remember the last balance, even when turned off. I am still fighting the false signal every time the coil connector hits the water, salt or fresh. I just have not had the time to do more than wrap electrical tape around the connector to keep the water away from it. No harm is being done, just an annoyance.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in you scoop.

Enjoy
WW