Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium or Sea Hunter

Bill of Duluth

Suggestions and advice please. In the near future, I will be purchasing either an Infinium LS or Sea Hunter Mark II for beach and underwater detecting. I had planned to get the Infinium until speaking to someone at Garrett. My thoughts were that if it costs more, it must be better.

I was told that the Infinium was designed primarily for gold prospecting. I will be using it mostly on the Florida beaches and under water near the beaches. According to someone I was talking to who has the Infinium, it is affected, somewhat, by electrical interference such as might be found around hotel laden beaches.

Any suggestions and pros and cons regarding which one might be best?

Thanks. Bill of Duluth

Both machines are excellent for your purpose. The Infinium does have more versatility in that it has been designed with the gold fields of Australia as it's primary target. It is proving to be an excellent "dry land machine" for relec hunting etc. and has a nice variety of coils for these purposes.

All detectors can be affected by electrical interference, but most interference can be tuned out with the Infinium.

I use mine for beach hunting and am pleased with it's water performance. It takes a while to begin to understaand it's (language), but once you do the finds are amazingly deep and small (proof of it's power!!!) I plan to use it soon on dry/wet sand and have no doubt it will perform equally as well there.

A couple of tips for you if you do go with the LS-------tone down the earphone volume some by putting in a rubber barrier or two in each earpiece. The signals can be overpowering in volume and have turned some people away from the LS before they were able to understand the signals.Also if water hunting is your "bag" ( Of course you did say that!!!) get the waterproof earphones.

Garrett has an excellent reputation for fine products and prompt service and I've owned their water machines over 25 years with no problems that weren't able to be quickly and easily resolved.

A study of the Garrett Infinium Prospecting Forum will provide you with any answers you may not find in this forum.

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo