Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Information and advise..

clamdigger

Hello, I'm new to this hobby and have been looking to buy a detector. I found one on Craigslist it's a Tekenetrics Bounty Hunter Recovery System number 702436. Can anyone tell me if it's a good one or not. The owner doesn't know much about it, other than she purchased it eight years ago and hasn't taken it out of the box. Any and all information will be appreciated. I work on a military reservation and want to scout out the old parade fields and barracks areas...Yes, I do have permission.. Thank You, Clamdigger and Yes I do dig clams...Yummy::usaf:

That model doesn't ring a bell, did a google search and didn't find anything either. You may need to contact her and see if you can get more info. If you need help on choosing a detector, drop me a PM.

It sounds like it could be way way older than 8 years old. Course if she only wants $12 -$15 for it :shrug:

What is your budget?

HH

It is an older detector...You might want to go with something a touch better...I would suggest the Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Sharp Shooter II, or the Land Star...The land Star can be had on eBay for about $150-200...I just got my landstar today, and I am loving it already...A Big improvement over my Pioneer 505. it has great sensitivity, will NOT chatter when turned up to about 1:00 oclock on the Sensitivity, and can detect a dime at 10"...The discrimination is excellent, even separating nickles from pulltabs (Something the 505 did not do, and saves a LOT of digging trash)...Just because you can get some of the Bounty Hunters at Wal-Mart, folks think they are junk, but I will pit my LandStar againsr a MineLabs Explorer SE, or White's Prizm V any day...It is not how much you spend on a detector, but how well you know your detector that counts. Also these machines are simple to learn, and the more you hunt, the better you get. Also they are light and easy to swing all day long. I have my Pioneer 505 w/ 8.5" coil and a finds pouch up for sale, and am asking only $125.00 or BO for it. I modified it, and made the Ground Trac a little better, and added a bigger button for it (It is the most used button on my 505 and I wanted it to last). I can send pics if wanted. If interested, PM me or email me at:

rlemp@twcny.rr.com

Thanks

Here are the pics of my Modified Pioneer 505...The red button is the new Ground Trac button, the original has been disabled. It is a 1/2" momentary switch that is easier to operate than the original.

100_2136.jpg

100_2133.jpg

100_2127.jpg

100_2131.jpg

Again, if interested, I am asking $125.00 or BO...I live in Syracuse, NY. I will include a copy of the manual also.
I am listing this on eBay also, so if wanted, act fast...

rlemp@twcny.rr.com

Robert

Hi Clamdigger, as you are just starting out, I would recommend a bounty hunter tracker IV. These units are cheap but they perform as well as detectors many times the price. I own 2 of them. They have performed well for over the last couple of years without letting me down. I found a $5,500 diamond ring within the first month, and all up around $20,000 to $30,000 in jewelery and coins in the last couple of years. After you are confident then you can move up to better machines. My own personal choice is the Infinium LS from Garrett, although a little harder to learn and more expensive they go deep. I have dug 50 cent pieces (Australian) at 18" in the wet sand. I have only had my Infinium for a month and a half, it is great on the beach, goldfield and I also SCUBA dive with it. You don't need to spend a fortune to get good value, I think the bounty hunter tracker IV would serve you well, hope this helps, Regards Nugget.:)