Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Inside vs. outside the foundation

kykev

I know that all bets are off as to where good finds are discovered, but I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on which area is more productive (for coins at least)- inside or outside the foundation or footprint of old homes or buildings. This assumes that the structure is no longer there.

Thanks in advance
Kevin
MXT Newbie

honestly in Va. where I hunt theres alot of fields around old plantation homes , I find more in the fields away from the home site it self to much landscaping over the years.

Well wouldn't stand to reason the outside of the foundation would be best. After all if the house was there how would anyone walk thru it ? No they would walk around it. Isn't the only time you'll find coins on the inside of a foundation is when it's been gone for sometime and people walk over it, or if by some slim chance someone dropped a coin inside along the wall of the coin and then maybe it would some how fall the floor to find the ground or if it had a woden floor then thru the cracks? I don't know does that seem very probable? Too I've found the inside of foundations usually hold a lot of trash from the house that was there before it. But I quess it depends too on how old the house is. 150-200+ years old I would definetly check inside after I hit the outside hard first. Just my opinion any other TH'ers feedback recommended.

HH