Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Introduction (long)

LowRider

Hi

My name is Mike. I live in Georgia. I am a cripple. I have had 14 strokes so far. I have a new stroke every 1 to 1 1/2 years. The doctor told me 3 years ago to go home and wait to die because there was nothing they could do. I searched the Internet and found that by taking Ginko Bilboa it would strengthen the blood vesseles in my brain. So far I have not had another stroke. I used to live in Minnesota and I enjoyed hunting, metal detecting on the local beaches and school yards. I can't stand sitting in my room anymore. I have been doing it for 16 years. I get to go out shopping once a month and to the doctors. Otherwise I sit in my room playing on my computer.

Buglar loaned me a Teknetics Mark 1 to play with but having the use of only one hand and ground balancing it it a real hard pain. I have been saving a few dollars here and there from my monthly SSI check. At the end of this month I will have enough to buy me a Garrett Ace 250. I really need a turn on and go machine. I had worked my way up from a $90 Larwence BFO to the Minelab Explorer. There is my yard to play in and a couple of close by churchs to play in.

I had a smaller 7" Gatter digger from before my strokes. Bugler gave me an old straight detector handle. I found the digger will barely fit inside the handle. It took me 4 hours to do the 15 minute job, but it digs real nice even in the Georgia clay. I have to figure out how to get everthing on the wheelchair and be sure not to go in any dips. I was picking up trash one day and went into this dip and on the way out I managed to tip my wheelchair over backwards. I had to lay here for 1 1/2 hours for help come. Buglar gave me a Wizzard pinpointer to use, so I should be ready to play.

I hope to get to the local detector club meeting. Maybe I can find somebody that doesn't mind dragging a cripple around with them once in a while.

Mike