Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Irion and silver seperation?

A

Anonymous

I have noticed that on my CZ7a that to be able to seperate a iron nail and a silver coin together I had to switch to salt mode. Is this normal.
In normal I would only read the iron.
but in salt It would read as a coin.

It's funny you would observe that. I was hunting at an 1830's typically iron-infested farmsite with my CZ-70 accidently in the salt mode. I hunted an area that I had gone over in the normal mode numerous times and within a minute I found a pristine 1893 IH along with some early wheaties later. This Spring I'm going to carefully hunt this area again in the salt mode to see what happens...could this be a CZ-70-3D?

I just leave my cz5 in salt mode, Canuck coins ring high that way.

I found out by testing it out on the ground with a nail and a silver Dime. I thought there was something wrong with the detector when I could not detect the coin.
also clad canadian coins were comming in at the pulltab range. I then switched to salt mode and low and behold It now registerd the silver q and nail as a coin, and now the clad was comming in as a coin. so I guess I will be hunting in the salt mode up here in Canada.

You are dead right clad coins come in the pulltab range
in norm mode and in salt mode they are in the coin range.