Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it a different machine?

mncricket

was just reading about my new fors core on a popular detector site....I noticed this paragraph

"The Coins and Relic Pro metal detector is the same as the standard model with important changes, electronics are more focused to lock on to silver, gold and clad coins and jewelry at greater depths than average detectors. Lost and buried relics including valuable coin caches are now within the reach of this metal detector due to the addition of a large 15 inch deeper penetrating searchcoil and a very sensitive 5 inch search coil for small coins and gold jewelry. This could be the only metal detector you might ever want to buy."

Is it a different detector in the standard and the pro pack?

I don,t think so. The Pro pack just comes with the small 5" coil and a lot of other goodies. Thanks they are same detector. If anyone knows for sure, tell us.

The 'Pro Package' adds some additional accessories, to include the smaller 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] 'OOR' coil [size=small](as I call it for being slightly "Out Of Round")[/size], as well as the larger 13.[size=small]3[/size]X15.[size=small]5[/size] open DD coil, the two environmental covers, and more

mncricket said:
was just reading about my new fors core on a popular detector site....I noticed this paragraph

"The Coins and Relic Pro metal detector is the same as the standard model with important changes, electronics are more focused to lock on to silver, gold and clad coins and jewelry at greater depths than average detectors. Lost and buried relics including valuable coin caches are now within the reach of this metal detector due to the addition of a large 15 inch deeper penetrating searchcoil and a very sensitive 5 inch search coil for small coins and gold jewelry. This could be the only metal detector you might ever want to buy."

Is it a different detector in the standard and the pro pack?
Who made the statement and on what forum?

I have my FORS CoRe 'Pro Package' unit with the tactile switches that I've had since January. I also have a new Nokta FORS CoRe standard unit a fellow traded me, new-in-the-box, and they are identical in design and performance. There is no electronic difference between them to improve performance for gold, silver and clad coins and jewelry. That statement is in error.

It is correct. however, that by design this detector does quite well attaining depth of detection, and the larger search coil can enhance that depth in a sparse target location or for going after larger-size target. Then there's that little 'OOR' coil. That's the most important addition to the "Pro Package" with the FORS or Racer because it work so well in a dense trash environment and fits well in a dense brush condition, between rocks, and in and around building rubble. Work the detector with a nice slow sweep to pick the good stuff from the trash and the FORS is simply deadly. It's a combination of the excellent circuitry design coupled with the wonderful small coil.

So, while the statement started with an incorrect reference to a FORS CoRe being "enhanced" in the Pro Package, the statement does conclude with a very correct ending ... "This could be the only metal detector you might ever want to buy." I can guarantee you that as I have been adjusting for my top favorite detectors to have on-hand, the FORS CoRe is definitely a solid member of that group. I find it especially comfortable to use for cruising open or sparse areas with the stock 7X11 DD coil which I keep mounted. I have the other two on their own rods and my extra coils travel along in a plastic tote for use when needed.

Monte