Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it worth it to go with deepseeker package

undersc0re

Just looking for views from people on the atx package. Is it worth it going with the 2 coil deepseeker package, or just sticking with the 11x13 basic? I have a feeling I will never bother using the 20" coil and waste my money....just looking for opinions from others. I will be doing all sorts of hunting from the lake and river to beaches, as well as mineralized dirt or bedrock hunting for nuggets and plain old relic hunting in the dirt. I will also put on the snorkel set and do the odd under water hunt. Thanks.

Personally, I don't think I could swing the larger coil for very long. I do use the Minelab ProSwing 45 when not in the water with the ATX,
Now, the 8" coil ... maybe but the extra coils are pricey as they include its own shaft. In the water the weight of the ATX is no problem and it is a great advancement over the Infinium that I also have and used for many years. With the Infinium I have several of the optional coils and each has it own characteristics that make it special. I have used the WOT coil on the Excalibur in the water with no problem. There is an area were each detector/coil combination shines. Personally for me I have not found that area for the large ATX coil. But, I would love to try the 8" in water as the Infinium's 8" is my winter go to detector for hunting in the rocky areas when the sand moves off shore. I also have a BIG NEL for the ATPro - it is a monster and I need a harness to swing it for any length of time. But, boy can it cover a bunch of ground in a short time, great for larger recently lost item on the beach. Again, each combo has its advantages. If you don't think you would use it, I would save my money as you can always add it at a later date after you learn the detector with the standard coil.

Thank you for the input, I think I will spring for the atx soon, tempted to wait and see if a new pi is announced in the new year. I will go with the basic pkg with the closed coil 11x13, my water detecting will be probably snorkling with it at the cabin for 1 week of the year so no big deal on the closed coil issue, hopefully I can hear the detector when detecting under the water then....be a shame to invest over a 100 bux for water headphones when they won't be used much. Do the dealers just throw on a new coil assembly when you order the newer 11x13 pkg or do they ship a whole new pkg with a newer assembly date? Anyone know if the new coil is tuned with the head assembly at the factory?

Hi undersc0re.

I have the ATX standard package (not the deepseeker one) and I second what WaterWalker says.
I use my ATX the way you intend to use yours and I have not yet found myself in a situation where I would have been
better-off getting the deep seeker coil. Now the 8" coil is another matter. I could have used it many times to get closer to the cracks in bedrock
where the standard coil would not get down in between the bumps on bedrock. I'm still mulling over getting the 8" mono coil
for my ATX to use mainly for bedrock hunting in the goldfields, but they are indeed pricey for what they are! I think the 8" mono coil would be
better at finding the micro gold chains and small stuff on the beach too.

Beav

I'v always wondered if the deepseeker would work well on a large beach if you were just concentrating on rings. Seems like it would cover a lot of ground quickly. I was working on making a 3' DD coil but it always failed before I could stiffen it up.