Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IS THE DEUS TALL MAN FRIENDLY

dubmurphy

I'm saving up for a deus and was wondering if the length will be a good fit. I'm 6'4" and currently swing a Safari which is barely long enough to not have to bend over.

Short answer yes

The other thing you will notice is that since the Deus is so much lighter than the Safari that even if you have the shaft fully extended, it will not flex and creak like you tend to have on the Minelab shafts at that point (not just the Safari but the Explorer and E-Trac's as well)

I am 6'4" and I set mine on 3 and a half (the numbers on the rod). There is still room to go higher. And I hunt with my back straight up and the coil out from me about one yard, or one GOOD step. Works GREAT. I find the balance of the larger coil to not be as good. I may fix that by a little home-modification......which I don't know anything about yet, but will. Hope this helps.

I'm only 6' 3-1/2 and run my rod all the way out. It is adequate...but I'd like a "tall" option on the rod just to get wider coverage.

The rod clamp is a little weak (on my unit) when swinging the larger coil. I have made the "credit card" mod but it still lacks something. I have used the lobster claw rubber bands successfully but they don't last very long in the sun. I've also tried scotch tape on the rods to get a more precise tighter fit... it works but doesn't last. I sure would like some sort of gear tooth arrangement that is more positive.

BUT none the less....I do LOVE my Deus!

Joe (California)