Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the Garrett Infinium any good on pasture or ploughed land?

HammeredHippie

I have read a few things about the Garrett Infinium being a possible OK coin hunt machine.
Does anyone have any experience using this machine on pasture or ploughed land?
Is it possible, applying the reverse discrimination correctly, to succesfully rule out most Iron and find the other targets on inland soil? Would this machine be able to pick up hammered coins in the UK, coppers and other desired objects, but leave out most nails and larger Iron?
After reading through a manual about the reverse discrim I have no doubt it will be able to separate most large iron/steel from larger copper/bronze objects. But is it possible to separate smaller silver/gold from rusty nails?

Summarizing can this machine be used (after a probably long and frustrating learning curve) to find those deep and elusive objects, without diggin too much rust?

Many many thanks for any reply

Hi, I've used the Infinium extensively inland nugget hunting, as well as scuba diving and beach work. The reverse disc is'nt infallible by any means, although it's right most of the time. I have found coins at a measured depth of 18", and this in highly mineralised, black saltwater beach sand. You will still have to dig a lot more trash than VLF users, but the depth is outstanding on this unit. I have detected ploughed paddocks, grazing pasture, even a few tot lots with the LS and found that it handles most situations with ease. I carry a rare earth magnet (lifts10 kg) for the small iron and other ferrous metals. Once you learn the machine you'll be able to pick the iron most times, I tend to dig everything, as you never know when you'll get a target under, beside, or even on top of the iron. Good luck with the hunting. HH regards Nugget.

Thanks for the reply Nugget!

I still dig quite some iron since I hunt for Hammered coins..and they are small and flimsy...close to alu-foil and often only marginally different in signal from medieval rusted nails..so I don't expect infallable iron discrim.
Sounds like the machine to try for me then.
18'' depth for any coin is spectacular!

Many thanks again for the information..can't wait to get my hands on one of those machines then.

Your welcome, don't forget to post your finds!!! HH regards Nugget.