Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the Nokta Core's performance similar to any other detector?

John, I hear it is a lot like the Teknetics T2

Tom in Sc

John, in my test plot at home the core hits my 12" Minnie ball way better than the F75 ltd2. It gives a good tone ID 3" above the ground and the 75 starts reading like iron if you lift the coil using zero discrimination. For the second week we've had bitter cold temperatures and 6" of snow. I will let you know after next Friday. I have another relic hunt planned, wish I had a racer but doubt they will be here by then. The core appears the deepest vlf coil for coil I've seen in 40 years but actual field results will tell. Great thing is I bought my core so I'm going to give an unbiased review, sure don't want to promote Kellyco on this site. From what I hope and gather the racer is similar. If so, nothing will touch it in the price range For depth and to work on salt and kick butt in iron it will ge my go to detector. At that point the only reason for keeping the core would be to use the 15" coil since it will counterbalance better than the S-rod. Stay tuned

I feel that applies to both the Nokta FORS CoRe and the Makro Racer. Now I am not one to get over-dedicated to "depth" discussions because the bulk of the coins and trade tokens, gold and silver jewelry, and neat small artifacts I have found in half-a-century have come from 5" or less. Especially a good 80% or more in the ghost town, homestead and similar sites I especially enjoy searching that have been surface to 3", and occasionally down to 4" or so, only deeper if there had been disturbance at the site.

That said, there are times and places where I want or need, or just enjoy knowing I am capable of, getting a little extra depth, and I have been very impressed.

Monte

Its a deal breaker for me the fact the most vlfs dont id well at greater depths the first to go vdi then audio.About ready to pull the trigger on the cores but have to wait because i want the package with all the coils.If its good as you represent then may force a machine to go on the market have to wait till may to disclose.,,,,,,,,,CEDAR