Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there a cost for firmware updates?

This was posted recently on a UK forum:

1st poster: ".........the next update will be FREE but thereafter there will be a charge."

2nd poster: "I know that software upgrades that were to improve the basic machine were always going to be free ie any that removed glitches and that any software upgrades that offer extra 'items or facilities' would be a chargeable upgrade, that was always the plan but when that will be and how much you'll need to ask Bob."

The second poster owns that forum and is the UK distributor for XP. The first poster, "Bob," has a Deus forum of his own. Neither one gave any more information on it. Maybe Bart or Andy could find out something for us?

Alain owns the XP company. I was one of the few that bought directly from the factory (got mine in early Apr 11) before there was a distributor in the US. I still visit with him via e-mail as I did when I bought my Deus. He is a really nice guy and listens to the consumer. One of my concerns about the the Non Motion Modes was the manual which is not the greatest, but understandably due to language translations. In his e-mail he just told me that there would be a Version 3 upgrade this summer and part of it will be with the Non Motion Modes, clarification in the manual and more video on the XP website. I had ask a few months ago about the rumor of a smaller coil. His answer was that it was just rumor. Note here, he didn't deny it, he just said it was a rumor. This is a killer machine the way it is but with a 6 inch coil in a trashy area and it will open up new territory for sure.

PryorCreekJoe said:
Alain owns the XP company. I was one of the few that bought directly from the factory (got mine in early Apr 11) before there was a distributor in the US. I still visit with him via e-mail as I did when I bought my Deus. He is a really nice guy and listens to the consumer. One of my concerns about the the Non Motion Modes was the manual which is not the greatest, but understandably due to language translations. In his e-mail he just told me that there would be a Version 3 upgrade this summer and part of it will be with the Non Motion Modes, clarification in the manual and more video on the XP website. I had ask a few months ago about the rumor of a smaller coil. His answer was that it was just rumor. Note here, he didn't deny it, he just said it was a rumor. This is a killer machine the way it is but with a 6 inch coil in a trashy area and it will open up new territory for sure.

Thanks for that info Joe!

PryorCreekJoe said:
This is a killer machine the way it is but with a 6 inch coil in a trashy area and it will open up new territory for sure.

A six inch coil on the Deus would be like hunting with a laser beam.

The ability to update firmware is a big game changer in the detector market, putting it in the same class regarding 'upgrade-ability' as computers and smart phones. I was a bit disappointed that ML never went that route with their communications port on the Etrac.

I figure other manufacturers will follow suit. It's just the natural progression of these devices.