Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there any way to setup the Deus to.........

Bill_S

Accept all targets, use 4 tone, assign a tone for iron, then a tone up to the nickel range, another one up to the zinc range and a 4th one for copper pennies and above? Seems like if you use zero disc you get a higher tone for iron.

Yes, set your 1st threshold to about 9 or 10 then set the other 3 from there. The only problem is you iron volume won

Is the threshold the same as discrimination? So if I set it to 9 or 10 would that be like discing out those targets or just controlling the tones. Thanks.

The discrimination and threshold are not the same things. The threshold is the level at which your tones are set at. So set your disc. at 0 then go to 4 tone adjustments and set the first tone threshold at 10 and that will cover most iron targets, then set the 2nd tone threshold at your nickel range and your 3rd tone threshold to the zinc range and so on.

First threshold is equal to discrimination set point. The method with 4 tones will work but in practice you will have only 3 available (three target ranges).

I always hunt with four tones.......pretty close to what Bill S is describing. The disc control sets the range of the first tone. The iron volume control sets the volume of the first tone. I usually set the disc around maybe eight or so, and then set the iron volume to about three so it's a little quieter than the rest. Tone 2 I set to the end of the nickel range, tone 3 to just below copper, 4th tone for copper on up.

mrwilburino said:
I always hunt with four tones.......pretty close to what Bill S is describing. The disc control sets the range of the first tone. The iron volume control sets the volume of the first tone. I usually set the disc around maybe eight or so, and then set the iron volume to about three so it's a little quieter than the rest. Tone 2 I set to the end of the nickel range, tone 3 to just below copper, 4th tone for copper on up.

I agree with mrwilburino, I usually hunt with disc. around 6 and three tones and 12 kHz the 1st threshold is iron at o to 6 the 2nd threshold set at 7 to 60 just above nickel range. 4 tones is a little too much for me to listen to for a long period of time, it's all preference. If you are new to the Deus I wouldn't advise using 0 discrimination to learn with. Be careful with VID numbers because if a good target is next to iron the iron it will drag the numbers down, that is why the sound of the tones are so important to learn. I hunted a yard one time and found the gathering area because it produced a lot of coins so I did a quick cherry pick and then went back and dug the iffy signals and on one dig there was a double tone and after I dug there was a 22 shell casing and a wheatie in the same hole, therefore producing the double tone. Hope this helps. :thumbup: