Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It’s like that pop song...

Would you say a Fors Relic has T2 or Kruzer level depth and can handle EMI like a 19khz FT? If so, it’s the machine I’ve been looking for. Too bad none seem to exist, and with me being left handed I’m not sure how well it would work out ergonomically.

there is one for sale...what’s a price for a used unit? What was the MSRP?
Would you say a Fors Relic has T2 or Kruzer level depth and can handle EMI like a 19khz FT? If so, it’s the machine I’ve been looking for. Too bad none seem to exist, and with me being left handed I’m not sure how well it would work out ergonomically.

there is one for sale...what’s a price for a used unit? What was the MSRP?
If your looking for a Core there is one for sale on another forum with 3 coils for 350$. I haven’t seen any Relics.

Hey I resent the lefty comment!! You have no idea what we endure living in a senseless right hand designed world. Hey, just cause everyone’s doing with their right hand don’t make it right!!!!😆
This could be it’s own thread lol. Anyway, 19khz just seems to be a resilient range for emi handling and it’s hot on CW bullets which is the niche I’m trying to fill.

This is a very site specific need for the ability to detect down to 14” or deeper with EMI mitigation equal to the G2. That’s the goal and it’s what is required. Trash isn’t really a problem so recovery and separation are second concern. Depth is not ever this important for me. Only when hunting bullets in the woods. The Goldbug/G2 requires a 13” Cors strike to get these targets. It’s unwieldy as can be in the thick woods. I really need a 13x10 or the like to get the best of it. I hold off because the g2 likely won’t be deep enough with anything but a 13” round coil. You may ask why even bother? Because I found 27 minie balls and my buddy got a CS button one day in a couple hours under these lines. It’s worth a machine purchase just for this site IMO.

I’m going to take 3 machines to the very lines I’m talking about and film it here soon. I feel like not many folks hunt this type of EMI. So far the Nautilus II and the GoldBug are leaders in handling the EMI here. The simplex has done pretty well but it still is noisy and it lacks the full punch to ring out the deep bullets. They are all noisy just these models have been the least noisy. They are whisper targets on the g2 and usually disappear once I break the dirt. The kruzer is not useable, much like the T2. The Anfibio is on deck and has yet to be tried out. In other sites it is much better with EMI than the kruzer. A repeated scenario I’ve noticed.
The total right hand bias design of the FORS machines will probably keep me from getting one. I’ve been researching a year or so to fit this need.

Oh, I would jump at the opportunity to test machines with you. I got 4 kids and work a ton. Then there’s that whole part of living 2000 miles away. I’m a country boy, I don’t do planes!!!

The 8500 really has some awesome features and tone options. I believe d5 is a boost by removing modulation and d0 is a fast mode. I bet if it were to be evaluated today, there really isn’t any reason it shouldn’t be competent.

I remember most 8000 users complaining about the audio being more digital in the 8500.....well by today’s current machines it should not sound to digital. TheHunterGT had a good video review not long ago of the 8500. I almost got one instead of an 8000 v4.

I hardly use the omega. It’s very fussy about certain sites. Forget hunting iron. The Goldbug dusts it bigtime. And for depth the t2 easily wins out using a smaller coil even. For me the omega is a really good park and yard machine. You always know when your on a coin With the omega. It sails through aluminum trash. 8” is as deep of silver I’ve gotten, a quarter and a war nickel sandwiched together using the Cors 12x13. I usually use the 10x5DD.
One mistake I see in the omega’s is not using a 0-15 ferrous range instead of 0-40. It really needs a wider mid and upper range on the ID scale to make non ferrous work easier. Does the F5 use 0-15 scale like other f-series?
Same impression regarding the 19 kHz machines versus the F5 or Omega. In iron or trash laden sites in moderate to hard soil, the lower freq machines would struggle. I would not have noticed but the acquisition of an F19 was a real eye opener. To me the lack of a high tone on the 19 kHz machines for hunting old coins is its biggest drawback by far. I miss the 3 and 4 tone option of the F5 badly at times.

Monte, please let us know how the 8500 performs. Is it the newest version ? The first models that came out seemed to be prone to falsing. I was looking forward to an Omega 8000 update but that characteristic threw me off completely. I've sold my F44 and MX7 for that reason. Detector stability is of utmost importance to me. Without it, too many good finds can go unnoticed IMHO.

Same impression regarding the 19 kHz machines versus the F5 or Omega. In iron or trash laden sites in moderate to hard soil, the lower freq machines would struggle. I would not have noticed but the acquisition of an F19 was a real eye opener. To me the lack of a high tone on the 19 kHz machines for hunting old coins is its biggest drawback by far. I miss the 3 and 4 tone option of the F5 badly at times.
I've borrowed an F19 for some of my testing and in two locations with EMI issues, my 19 kHz FORS Relic was very calm, but the F19 was very chattery. Matter-of-fact, just wrapping up some outdoor buried coin tests today the quietest of all models used included the Nokta CoRe and Relic with their smallest coil, and Nokta / Makro Simplex + w/5X9½ DD, Fisher F5 w/7" Concentric, Makro Racer 2 w/7" Concentric, and kind of surprise for me the Teknetics T2+. A bit surprised because I had the new NEL 11X12 Super Fly coil mounted and not a smaller-size coil. The two models with a moderate amount of EMI issues were the Minelab V-540 w/5X8 DD and Garrett Apex w/6X11 DD. The noisiest were the Teknetics Omega 8500 w/11" BiAxial and White's MX-7 w/6½" Concentric and Fisher F19 w/11" BiAxial. All models were operate at roughly a 90% or higher Sensitivity level.

I used 2-Tone, 3-Tone, 4-Tone and 5-Tone depending on what each model offered, if they were selectable. The guy who owned the F19 kind of liked most of the other models and wished the F19 offered at least a 3-Tone choice as well as 2-Tone.

Monte, please let us know how the 8500 performs. Is it the newest version ? The first models that came out seemed to be prone to falsing. I was looking forward to an Omega 8000 update but that characteristic threw me off completely. I've sold my F44 and MX7 for that reason. Detector stability is of utmost importance to me. Without it, too many good finds can go unnoticed IMHO.
In the one location with several very close power poles with transformers, several models were bothered, but when all were taken to two other locations, the Omega 8500 was adjusted to a Sensitivity level of '80' and then'90' to try and match what I was setting the other models up at. At those locations I was using th 5" DD, 7" Concentric and 10" elliptical Concentric coils and it worked pretty well. The two Omega 8000's I had a year or so ago were noisier and I had to reduce the Sensitivity to anywhere from about '50' to '53' or so to calm the EMI issues.

The F44's I had I used along side the Omega's and a couple of other detectors when Coin Hunting here in Vale and two neighboring towns. The F44 was far more stable for me, with the 7" Concentric coil at full Sensitivity than were the Omega 8000's that were a bit squawky at '90' to '99' Sensitivity with the same 7" Concentric coil. It was nice for them to add a back-light, as well as Volume Adjustment for the Iron segment or the other segments you'd like to limit the loudness on. Checking, the brand new detectors I purchased for the testing, the T2+ and Omega-8500, are both dated 06-20 at turn-on, so June of this year.

I should be wrapping up my product review in the next couple of days and have a bunch of new or one or two very slightly used detectors, available for shopper by this weekend. Going to be a bit busy with college football games to watch and spending some time with a female friend on Saturday, and then other games and relaxing on Sunday, so I'm trying to finish up in a day or two. Let me tell you, it has been both fun, interesting and educational this past couple of weeks since I started this self-determined project. I intended to only try and thin out a few models I already owned, then I bought more for evaluation .... just in case there was something I wanted to add into my outfit. Helped me appreciate how many good detectors are out there, confirm that none of them, SMF or Single-Frequency, are 'perfect', and made me alter some of my opinions of what I might prefer to grab first at different sites I confront.

Monte