Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ITS HARD TO STOP

Seasons over get out of the water ! Is what I here in northern mi , yes ! most small lakes are frozen , but bigger lakes are open and clear from algae . Its hard to stop when on the last day you find a platinum ring , and a nice gold ring a few weeks ago, i guess the gold will still be their in the spring , my wife and fair weathered detectorist tell me . I dont mind pushing a Lake Michigan ice burg out of the way , or dealing with a city cop and firefighters trying to get me to come out of the water because someone drove by and thought i was trying to commit suicide, with an AT gold and scoop in my hand , lol but mama ! one more gold and i can get a bigger coil, So give me toe warmers , 3 jackets, rubber gloves and 3 mil waiders and ill sweat in in January. thanks Garrett for making a machine hot on gold with a strong shaft , that keeps beeping even when its iced over . Waterhound ,

Good luck on the water and it's less crowded during the winter. Platinum and gold are two good reasons to hit the water.

I like your attitude!:thumbup: It's sometimes all about the adventure, fresh air and a good nights sleep. And.........sometimes you even find gold. I have expanded my gold searching to highbanking or gold panning. I save the concentrates and clean them out in the winter, when it'd just too cold out. I checked out the gold producing places in Michigan. You do in fact have some gold producing streams. Garrett produces the best gold pans on the market. http://raregoldnuggets.com/?p=627 Just a thought

My 2019 gold - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxd-qjbQbyA&t=17s

THANK GOD , someone understands me , lol. John let me be honest with you this hobby is the only thing that helps me with my ocd and ptsd , its alright , i think this hobby is helping veterans alot , and your right it is more than the gold or coins or cannonballs , it is an adventure, and it is so cool to see people get excited with shakey hands when they find somthing very valuable, and having someone to share it with is even more special, one of my huntin buddys said hes seen so many beautiful sun rises and sets in his 30 or more years detecting . I really like fall and spring water hunting with its cool breeze and metaldetecting next to the melting ice on a lake. theirs just so much fun things to experience in this hobby . Thats so cool that you can pan for gold as well you got some good color in that pan , and saving some material for latter in winter is a good idea, the ice is closing in . thanks for the website information on places to pan in michigan that sounds very interesting. My wife does not come with me that much ,But ! She gets real mad when i show my treasure to my buddys first , she likes to get out her magnifying glass and computer and look up the TARGETs age and value ,, then she says id rather have you at home than the gold and diamonds i bring her ,lol she also likes the red green show , SHES MY BEST TREASURE . GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY WITH WARMTH AND SAFTY THIS WINTER, WaterHound

this is a nice post.

Its always great to find treasure at the end of your metal detector, but nothing like the treasure you have waiting at home for you.