Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's HERE:crazy:

jimmyk

The big brown truck delivered my Vista Gold, today. Arrived in good shape and went together well. Now, I need about a foot of snow to GO AWAY!! Did bench test and air test the unit. Pretty impressive air test. Even indoors with lots of flourescent lights over my workbech, it was stable. Even at the highest gain level. One thing really stuck out. It REALLY lies GOLD. Tested nails, coins, pulltabs, civil war bullets and a gold wedding band. The deepest response was on the ring. Nickels and pull tabs were a close second. We are supposed to get some rain over the weekend and warm temperatures the first of next week. Can't wait to hit the Civil War ghost town I've been hunting this past Winter. Loaded with nails and iron. Only three miles from my house, so it will be my first area to see what the "Gold" can do. Will post any interesting finds.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in MIssouri

Nice Jimmyk... Remember to bring batteri's. I think our Vista are a high power detector, because I'm at my third Duracell set, and has only been out Four times with my Vista Gold.
I will take note in useing hours, but so fare I Think its about 8-10 hours pr.new set batteri's. Ps. The red led will light up, when its time to change.
Henrik.

8 to 10hrs if you run continous boost non boost 20 to 25 i only would run boost if i came across a weak signal, most of the time didn't need it

Good luck.

Hi Jimmyk. Yes I tryed and they can Be used, but with Boost I think they will go down some 1-2 hours before standard batteri's.
I just made a ordre on a LIPO batteri, and will try to install this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HRS-11-1v-1400mAh-Lipo-35C-Battery-Pack-by-Horeson-/160648871623?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item25676b3ec7
This Lipo is 10mm to long, but I think the batteri container at the Vista can be adjusted, because there is some space in the front end close to the on/off swich, and if succesed, I can use my Bliss charger and my Lipo batteri tester. The big issue to this, is to find space to a changeing plug, similar as the Bliss (6 pin plug).
Henrik

Ok Jimmy, I'm gonna head your way sometime this year.... I will bring my Bliss and GT, and I will watch you go behind me picking up everything I missed.... :D

Let us know how this does for you though - I look forward to seeing your posts and photos.

I bet you make some great finds with it .

It was just a straight answer to a simple question.........."Yes, I use rechargeable battery cells."

Fresh New Alkaline cells will often be over 1.5v/cell (1.6-1.7) but no one checks as the writing on the jacket says 1.5 volt.

If using newly charged NiZn the voltage can be high.....so 7 cells and a dummy will do just fine.

Alternative 3x UltraFire LC 18650 .....3.7v ...2400mAh cells will fit nicely in the battery compartment and they are easy to obtain.

For safety and reduced mix-up, use eneloop it's straight forward.

ivanll

Barry Extreme Detecting said:
The DeepTech manufacturer DOES NOT recommend NiZn batteries due to the high voltage output.
They may work great - but I'm not going to risk them on my machine...

The Eneloop which are used in photography work are known to be great rechargeable batteries...

jimmyk said:
Thanks for the heads up. Anyone using rechargeables?
jimmyk
ivanll said:
Yes.......Eider eneloop or Ultracell NiZn.

I don't think Thats is possible Barry, because the UltraFire is much longer.
I will try to find a good solution, properly with a new batteri holder, If there is space enough !!!
It is tempting to use those UltraFire, but it has be a simple and safe solution, If it shall Be recommend.
Maybee Ivanll has an good idea to this ?
Henrik.

Does anyone know if you can try these Lithium batteries and if they are the same physical size as a standard alkaline battery? They are after all 1.5 V.

Tenergy Lithium AA 1.5V 2900mAh Battery

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/nimh-rechargeable-batteries-and-chargers/tenergy-lithium-aa-1-5v-2900mah-battery
Dimensions
Diameter: 14.0

Thanks Henrik. I think I'll try them in the Vista Gold as soon as the extra 12" of snow that just fell, dissapears :rant: