Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's Not All Rosie

tabman

I took my Gold Bug Pro out for the first time with it's new 11" DD coil. I don't like the way the detector pinpoints with the 11" DD coil at all . Also, I found out firsthand how well it likes bottle caps. My Tesoro Compadre and Whites IDX Pro both pinpoint like a laser and they don't have any trouble at all telling the difference between coins and bottle caps. Fisher needs to go back to the drawing board.

I sure hope the concentric coils turn out to work OK with the Gold Bug Pro.

BTW, I finally figured out how to tell the difference between coins and bottle caps. It's not fool proof and it takes up valuable hunting time.

I still love my Bug. It also found me some nice 925 silver today.:)

003-2.jpg

In the middle of the 11"DD That is the center of the coil. I painted a silver dot on it for reference.Works like a charm for me!!!!!.................MO

I got a dime size orange dot on mine in the same location. :cheers:

tabman said:
I took my Gold Bug Pro out for the first time with it's new 11" DD coil. I don't like the way the detector pinpoints with the 11" DD coil at all . Also, I found out firsthand how well it likes bottle caps. My Tesoro Compadre and Whites IDX Pro both pinpoint like a laser and they don't have any trouble at all telling the difference between coins and bottle caps. Fisher needs to go back to the drawing board.

I sure hope the concentric coils turn out to work OK with the Gold Bug Pro.

BTW, I finally figured out how to tell the difference between coins and bottle caps. It's not fool proof and it takes up valuable hunting time.

I still love my Bug. It also found me some nice 925 silver today.:)

003-2.jpg
It isn't just FT (Fisher), you will find that most DD coils are bc "lovers", including DD's on Tesoros & Whites.-----There are 3 or 4 ways to "combat" the bottle caps with DD's but it does take a little getting used to.-------As to pinpointing with a DD, find the "sweet spot" (audio wise) on the coil when hitting the target--visually "mark" that spot on the ground---do a 90 degree & find (hit) that "sweet spot again"----the target will be right under it.-----It becomes second nature, I have used DD's for so many years that they are all I want to use (for several reasons).-----You will become better (and faster) with bc I.D. AND pinpointing with that coil--"hang in there"------That 11' DD biaxial coil is ONE EXCELLENT coil.----------Del

Read Dave Js Sticky at the top of the forum about bottle caps. It will help tremendously. What I do is first of all bottle caps usually jump all over the place or hit in the high quarter range. So when this happens pin point on the target then pull back to the front edge or the back edge and check the target, almost always the Vdi will hit more accurately and give you a good low tone grunt. Now I hardly dig BCs at all and Ive done tones of checking to verify that it is actually bottle caps to reassure myself. Wish I could say the same for pull tabs and foil.:nopity: