Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've used all the Minelab PI units made

I am not claiming to be an expert with them, and in fact can't tell you what every little twiddle on my GPX 5000 does. But since this forum looks about dead I will adopt it and do my best to help with any answers here in the future. I have used the Minelabs not just for nugget detecting but was one of the early proponents for using them for coins and relics. See Gold Nuggets and Coins with Minelab GP 3500 They are now getting quite popular for beach and relic use. I think that as good finds get harder with regular VLF detector people will lean more and more on PI detectors to get the stuff others are missing.

My summer plans revolve heavily around my GPX 5000 for some pure blue-sky patch hunting in Alaska. Can't wait to get out there and hit the hills!

Its good to see Steve the only mine lab i did not own was a 2200 i have had 2 ,2000 ,2100 2 gpextreme .3000.3500 ,4000 2 4500 and a 5000 at the moment i am using a extreme.All the people serious about finding gold here in Australia are using mine lab. Most of the full timers are using 5000, many many oz have been found with these detectors even working old patches and turn up gold that the old detector could not locate

n/t