Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jackpine if you could...

Dan-Pa.

Perhaps you have used the 1266 and the 1270 and a comparison from a learned individual would be nice..If not a critique on the 1270 would work also.
I have used the 1266 but never the 1270, last year at a planted hunt tried a 1270 on for size and gosh they killed the weighting and ergonomics with that large box on a light machine..
Am sure the forum would enjoy your thoughts...1266 was weighted well, had dual disc. and batteries lasted forever and was one of the deepest units I ever used but the snap, crackle and pop drove me up a wall..Many love the machine(1266) and since its no longer made have goten a second used as a backup...

Dan,

I have very little time on a 1266. The 1270 does ignore the deep rusty nails better. However it does sound off on larger iron but experience lets you ignore it if you wish. Most of my time on the 1270 is fresh water wading which a little different from land hunting. The shallows of the lakes around here are loaded with old iron, rusty cans and tin going back to the turn of the century. People dumped all manner of trash in the water back then it seems. Anyway, not many people would put up with the technique it takes to try and hear smll low conductive targets in those conditions. Some days I can do it for 45 min or an hour and other days I can't take it all. Now when you get beyond knee deep the trash thins out or is down below the depth any machine will reach, that is another ballgame entirely and requires a different setup and listening for different types of sounds.

Tom

For a high powered machine, the 1270 will handle some tough conditions but it takes <italic><b>A Lot</b></italic> of hours to understand its language well enough to make the best of it when hunting at low disc settings in heavy iron. My first 1200 series Fisher was a 1236X2 and without having a ton of hours on that I probably would not have lasted with the 1270. Imagine sweeping an area that is almost solid iron signals with the disc set at or just below small nail reject and trying to hear a "good" beep amongst the chatter, squawks and squeals. You have to run the volume low, get the sensitivity just right, match the sweep speed to the conditions and even play around with the coil height when sweeping. Get it right and get in the groove and it can be fun, if not it can be very frustrating.

Tom