Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jim, 8" Coil ????????

A

Anonymous

In a prior post I read either here on on the BBS, I happened to notice that (Jim-UpState NY) was wishing the new 8" Coil was going to be Concentric. Why is that ?????????
Thanks !!!!!! HH

Because he beats the brush where nobody else has been and the solid coil don't get hung up in branches and stuff.Or if he isn't finding stuff he takes the coil cover off and plays a game of frisbee with who he is hunting with that day.

I think its more depth, maybe 2 or 3 inches. I think he wants to dig way "Down Under" and then the Frisbee !!!!!!!!!
-:)
HH

I don't think he meant concentric, just that he wished it would be a "solid" coil. Stock Minelab coils utilize a double D or widescan configuration. Concentric coils don't really work well with Minelab's multi-frequency technology. Just ask anyone who has ever tried to use that crappy 11" Penetrator coil for the Sovereign that Kellyco sells. What a piece of junk! I sold mine in a hurry! HH George

I wanted a Double D solid coil instead of the open style, as Ric says the solid coil a lot easier to beat the brush with and doesnt false from twigs getting stuck inside the open holes.. the open coils are better for open fields and parks. and perhaps easier pinpointing with. but for the most part I can use the 10 inch in areas like that.. Well as long as Ralph makes inserts available I will be happy, that way I can use them or not depending on where I am hunting... Solid coils doesnt necessarily mean concentric...Jim

Jim, As for the concentric coils compared to the Double D. Which has the most depth in general ??????????
Maybe I am behind the learning curve AGAIN !!!
Thanks ! HH

On normal machines, the concentric might have a slight edge on depth, but in a very small pattern at the center of the coil, say a double 8 gets 8 inches across the coil, the concentric might get 9 inches at the very center, maybe only 6 inches in a 3 inches from the center , so to get that maximum depth you need to overlap the coil as little as an inch at a time. I never tried a concentric coil on the Sov or explorer, but I prefer being sure I am covering the ground with just a slight overlap of the coil and not naving to move forward an inch at a time to be sure I am reaching max depth.. with the explorer I dont worry at all as its getting deeper with a double d across thge whole coil then any other machine I have used with concentric coils, Also people talk about the slow swing speed required with the Sov or exp, but in reality you are covering way more ground than those concentric machines that can be swung faster in the same amount of time, at least at the max depths....Jim