Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jim Walker inspired Scoop

mudpuppy

Jim posted a picture last week of a scoop he built out of a 85oz aluminum ice scoop using that aluminum brazing rod..I just happened to have some 1/4 aluminum, and some of that rod. I ordered a scoop, @12 bucks, so I got two shipped to me for @35 bucks...got my drill, jig saw, torch, file, and....You can see where I left some tabs on the end of the whale tail to fit in holes in the sides, and I dovetailed that vertical support through the footpad area, used some of the scrap from the saw cuts for other support areas, and tinned the front lip of the blade...it needs to get hit with the grinder to pretty it up, but I think it will work for what I will be digging..I have a smaller scoop for the dry sand, but since I got that CZ 20, I need something for the deep targets in chest deep water.

n/t