Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

John-Edmonton

Gold Buddy

John how close is my vlf/tr groundhog ADS to the Scorpion ? O" it has the groundhog co-planar coil . Thanks

Basically the same circuit. The Groundhog morphed into the AT3 and the Scorp with a oval coil commonly used for gold hunting and to get into tight spots. What Garrett like to do was switch out different coil connectors between units that used the same coils. Made it appear the coils are different and would not work........Here's a good tip, back in the day, the Garrett Tech guys were using Dtex search coils on the Groundhog and Master Hunter Deepseekers, they went deeper. Just had to wire the right connectors on. Why they worked, the Dtex CK, SK, Gold Mountain VIP and Richard Ray Phantoms were Groundhog, Master Hunter clones that actually worked a bit better. I had my share of the Garrett models and Dtex models mentioned. The Scorp came with a 2D search coil (wide scan-Double D) to handle adverse high mineral soils. Where the co-planer lost performance. The Groundhog also morphed into the Gold Hunter for Australia etc. that sported the 2D coils. So if you can find the older 2D coils put them on your Groundhog, you should for the most part have a Scorp. The newer Scorp has the Crossfire coils, they might be backward compatible with the Groundhog if the plug is rewired. Just a side note, there are a lot of older coils that have aged, you may have to go thru a number of them to find a really performing one. We used to use the Groundhog VLF/TR's with the smaller coil in TR mode for ore sampling at mine tailings. And can be used today!!

Attachments

• gold.png
    gold.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 479