Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just a question...

Mr B

I have a tesoro outlaw with several coils. They all ground balance properly except for the 5.75
When I get a positive ground reading, I turn it negative and it gets more positive.
If I turn it positive it smooths out and works fine.
I"ve been using it this way for a long time without any problems.
Is it possible this coil has wires reversed in regard to the ground balance?
Just curious if anybody else has come across this situation.

It's weird , but if I turn my ground balance all the way positive , I get a negative ground reaction.
If I turn it all the way negative, I get a positive ground reaction.
I've used it this way for a long time and It doesn't effect coil performance.
None of my other coils react this way, and the 5.75 does ground balance. just fine.

I just have to think in reverse.

Is it possible this coil has wires reversed in regard to the ground balance?

This is from an older post: If you disassemble the plug, this is the correct pin rotation.

The standard pattern is as follows:

Pin 1 = Orange
Pin 2 = *not used
Pin 3 = Purple
Pin 4 = Grey
Pin 5 = Ground/Shielding (center pin)

The pins and female recepticles are numbered on each insert for easy referrence.