Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just bought a hookah set- Any recommendations from experienced users?

silvercoinboy

I pulled the trigger on a hookah set AquaRobo. I'm looking at using it in a Swiss lake at 3-15 feet. The bottom is rocky with minimum sediment, and the coins and jewelry get stuck between the rocks, so a scoop is useless. I'm a certified diver.

Don't try to smoke it! :crylol::crylol: Actually thought of one of those myself but have zero dive experience...

I pulled the trigger on a hookah set AquaRobo. I'm looking at using it in a Swiss lake at 3-15 feet. The bottom is rocky with minimum sediment, and the coins and jewelry get stuck between the rocks, so a scoop is useless. I'm a certified diver.
I did that years back,found gold,silver,and relics,Had to give it up because of a ruptured eardrum. Total different world underwater for hours at a time.

Keep a knife with you,just in case,from your description your gonna KILL it!

I always stayed shallow with my setup where people were wading except for a rock quarry in Vermont where people jump in to swim but I use tanks in the deep spots. Don’t forget your weight belt because you will need it to get to the bottom. No BCD with a hookah usually. That was really the biggest challenge with the hookah was not having fine control over my buoyancy like when I had a tank and BCD. It’s tons of fun though!!! Also, beware of docks in freshwater if they have electric run out to them. Very easy to get electrocuted in freshwater dives like that!

I thought about one myself. If I had I would have taken a free scuba lesson offered at many of the Caribbean resorts. Also I would never have dove alone.
I still think about it, but this old dog is fine with the tricks he already knows. Walk in the water and carry a big scoop. It has worked for 42 years for me.

I had a hookah setup Setting in the shed. One day while out metal detecting in the swim area a guy asked me if I could go a little deeper with the metal detector. I had to go around this tree in the water with the hookah putting air to me looking for a lost Rolex watch.

I had a hookah setup Setting in the shed. One day while out metal detecting in the swim area a guy asked me if I could go a little deeper with the metal detector. I had to go around this tree in the water with the hookah putting air to me looking for a lost Rolex watch.
Did you find the Rolex?