Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just checked the cam at the hunting cabins in Pittsburg N.H.

Brandy{Ma.}

There just stating to get the snow,should be about 6" on the ground in the morning.I'll be up there friday morning to do some scouting and to see if I can get a grouse or two and with a little luck a big fat hare [last years hare was about 4 lbs.cleaned which is on the small side].Black powder opens Saterday.I use 50 cal.N.C.mountain flintlock rifle[1830-1860 style].I came home with two grouse.a hare and a 160 lb. dow .I let the buck she was with go,he was one of the big ones they have up there.He was a 12 point and much of been around 200-225 lbs. but I wanted a good eating meat and not the show off deer.I'm pumped.Enjoy.

Some people say they drive the deer out but with alway see deer in the higher ground.Most of them head for the main road to get the salt on the road when it snows.You can hear the salt truck from a mile away going down the road befor day light for the logging trucks.Its like the ice cream truck to them and they all head for the highway.We drove down a part of the road a few years back they call moose alley to see all the moose on the road ,we saw 22 moose on the side and in the road.Most people in new england don't see that many in there live,its the place to go if ya want to see moose.