Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just ordered a Bounty Hunter Platinum

Rog0525

Hi. Newbie to these forums from Michigan here. I've been metal detecting off and on (more off than on) for the past 30 years or so. I've always used cheap MD's and never had much luck.
I just ordered a BH Platinum with an assortment of accessories and have high hopes for better luck. I'd appreciate any advice or tips on using this model. My fav MDing is relic hunting in old logging camps and shooting the beaches for coins and jewelry.

I have a Platinum, I've used it about five times, mainly in the all-metal mode, which detects small targets very deep, the discriminating mode is a bit tricky (I'm new at this ), I was getting false signals and it is hard to set the ground grab if the ground is too mineralized, I called the company I bought it from, Metaldetector.com, but I ended up returning it to the factory, I found a lot of nails, bullets, pull tabs, cans, etc., and I also found a man's gold ring and a cob-like coin from the 1600's, I found this the first time I went detecting, I should be getting my detector back tomorrow but the ground is frozen and we just got hit with a bunch of snow here in NW Indiana, this unit is vey good for the money, Cabela's sells it for over 500 dollars, but I ordered it from metaldetecting.com, for 300 dollars, check out Carolina coin hunter on youtube, he has some videos on this detector and compares it against others,
Good Luck,

Nice Detector, one of the best kept secrets out there is the Bounty Hunter Platinum. I bought one for my son he used it a while but got interested in other things so I sold it. But I got to use it some and was impressed with it. Fast response, was the thing I remember most.