Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just picked up Xterra 705!

Minehead

Well I have officially joined the Minelab club! After hours of research I bought the 705 with the standard coil as well as 18.75 10" for $400 used. I caught some flac from family since I already have a prizm 4 and ace 150. I had an at pro a year ago but got rid of it. I've always wanted a Mine lab and figured the 705 gave me a versatile machine to go to the next level with. I hope I made the right decision and will be on here a lot researching every aspect.

Welcome!
And congratulations on buying the best kept secret in metal detecting. :thumbup:

If you haven't already, download the FREE e-book "Understanding Your Xterra" by Randy Horton. Then read it....twice, and go back to it after each hunt until you're comfortable with the machine. It will cut the learning curve more than anything else that you can do.

Congrats on your purchase. I think you'll enjoy it. I do mine.

Thanks so much and yes I've downloaded the guide and studying it. I took it out for an hour earlier and laid up for a few fat pennies...and another few $s in change. It feels super powerful... the only question I have: should I run the 10" dd instead of the standard concetric? Starting off with parks, football fields etc. And I'm in Bryan College Station central Texas...

Start with the 9" MF CC, because it's the most honest.
When I say "honest", I'm referring to the ID accuracy and response. It has to do with target bin width assignments, which you can see illustrated in Randy's book in the section near the end "Q & A with Dr Laurence".

If trash density is really high, then you might be better off with the 10" DD, but the HF coil will have you digging more trash than a lower frequency would.