Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just thinking, about the CoRe

Flintstone

I have a Racer Pro pack on the way, but now thinking about the CoRe. Did I make the right choice ? I hope I am happy with the Racer. CoRe has a forum but can,t find one for the Racer, but on one is on the CoRe forum most of the time.

Makro detector forum IS the Racer forum (just as Nokta detector forum is for the CoRe).-----Did you make the right choice in the Racer?---Only you can answer that!
Flintstone said:
I have a Racer Pro pack on the way, but now thinking about the CoRe. Did I make the right choice ? I hope I am happy with the Racer. CoRe has a forum but can,t find one for the Racer, but on one is on the CoRe forum most of the time.

Either way Flintstone, you did good!

I'm sure there are small differences. But so few you did well on either choice..

I like that the Racer changes over to Inches and not centimeters on the depth read out..

They both work well in trash...

No need in thinking about it. Both great machines. Turn the Racer down to very low gain and it almost acts like the CoRe. The Racer is really jacked up gain wise but don't let that bother you at all. These machines will outhunt most, you'll see.

Thanks All, If it is as good as every body said, I will be pleased. I told my friend that I would clean up behind him, he said I believed everything anyone told me. Hope I can show him some people know what they are talking about. Thanks all. flintstone

Flintstone said:
Thanks All, If it is as good as every body said, I will be pleased. I told my friend that I would clean up behind him, he said I believed everything anyone told me. Hope I can show him some people know what they are talking about. Thanks all. flintstone

The only thing I can say about cleaning up, is that yesterday I took the core to a park that I throughly MD'd with an ATP, and a 705. I found as much loot as I recovered with both machines in the same area. I'm not saying that they missed it, but more likely it was masked out by all the junk.

Hi PIG, Boy I just hope I can do as good. I am just about tired of getting new detectors and they don,t do any better than I have been using. If this one don,t do any better, I am going to sell all my detectors and just stay with I do good with.

I've had my core about 3 weeks now and haven't done much detecting the past week because of rain although I did get out for an hour yesterday. I can tell you when I first started swinging this machine I was not as impressed as all the hype led me to believe, but yesterday I saw the light, as simple as this machine is to operate there is a learning curve. I would go to Di2 and try and crank it up and it made all kinds of noise, I realized I should have been in Di3 and cranked up the gain all the way to 95 and this thing rocked in this trashy park. (This thing ran quiet in Di3 at full power) I've also been watching the videos and these tones with a ping and a grunt should not be ignored. My small coil should be here in a few days, can't wait to get back out.
HH John

John said:
I've had trouble with the Nokta in trashy parks with pulltabs and screw tops.
My observation and correction to your comment is this:

"I've had trouble with pull-tabs and screw tops in trashy parks with any detector."​

I don't see a difference in dealing with pull-tabs and screw caps between different detector models because those annoying, higher-conductive targets are just that ..... ANNOYING! Something we have to live with and all the while wish they would have never gone to aluminum cans from good old bottled soda. It tasted better that way, too.

Monte

John said:
I've had trouble with the Nokta in trashy parks with pulltabs and screw tops.

John, I have too...to a certain extent. Doing the monte "pull back" has helped a lot , for me at least.

But I have also dug a gold ring and some very old nickels. Which I was very hard pressed to find with my other previous machines :)

Bubba