Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just went back to a 6MP digital camera

Sven

It's kind of like going back to using a vintage camera. My main camera is a M4/3 Olympus 14MP.
Picked up a bargoon priced Pentax K100D Super with lenses, just ordered another lens for it was well.
Something about it, it just clicks with me. For a 6MP camera, takes some pretty good pictures. Have to play with it some more.

Attachments

• P7132859.JPG
    P7132859.JPG
    582 KB · Views: 223
For years I was very happy with my old auto focus 5MP that wasn't even a SLR. I shot a lot of great action with it, like this one in 2006 of Matt Mladin coming out of the carousel onto the front straight @ Mid-Ohio.

MM01.jpg

My brother was a professional photographer and he said it's not just the camera's mega pixel count but it's how 'clean' the files are. Of course the lens play a huge part too. Congrats on the Pentax, kind of a classic.

Hi Sven. You got a decent camera there. You can also use old k-mount lenses from Ricoh but be aware of the Ricoh pin. When I first tried the ricoh lens to my K100D I read the forums if this will work. And there I read if the pin was removed the old lenses will do a nice job.

Hope to see some nice Images in the future...👍

Sven,does seem to perform very well your new camera,that a very nice setup...must admit i also like using a M4/3 Olympus setup,currently using very early Nikon glass on my Olympus and the images that this combination produces are amazing.

The lenses make a huge difference! My phone has more megapixels than the K100D but does not come close to taking better pictures. I've heard it said that if your phone takes better pictures than your camera, you need a different camera. I have also heard advice from professional photographers that a person is better off buying better lenses (you get what you pay for) than upgrading for more pixels. At times I use old Pentax film SLR lenses on my digital Pentaxes and can certainly see the difference between the 2.0 50mm stock one and the 1.4 50mm one.