Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kenneth Little of Fireball Electronics...

Blind Squirrel

It's with a heavy heart that I post this message. I am sad to announce the passing of a giant in the metal-detecting hobby/industry and a true friend.
Kenneth Z. Little November 28th, 1932 -- February 4th 2022.
Kenneth's priorities in life were his love of his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, his family and of course metal detecting! He often spoke of the Lord saving his life after suffering a tragic oil-field accident in the early 1950's that left him in a wheel chair for 5 years.
Kenneth became a dealer for White's in the late 1950's. In the words of Ken White: "Kenneth Little was our first authorized dealer and also the first to be named an authorized White's distributor." By 1965 Kenneth was White's largest dealer in the U.S. and purchased units literally by the trailer load, often driving to Sweet Home to pick up the load himself. In about 1966 White's built a private brand for Fireball Electronics : the Comet 100 was sold exclusively through Fireball Electronics. Throughout the years, Fireball Electronics was always White's largest distributor and became very active in product development and as an advisor for marketing and advertising policies. There is no doubt that Kenneth Little and Fireball Electronics were partners and an integral part of the succsess White's electronics.
My friendship with Kenneth began in the 1980's when I purchased a White's Eagle11 from him. Over the years we had many metal detecting adventures together, from relic hunting on old Texas trails to hunting urban vacant lots to old home sites. Together we dug many cool relics and countless silver coins. The true treasure, though, was our friendship. Kenneth will be missed... I miss my friend.
Happy Hunting
Blind Squirrel

Attachments

• Kenneth.jpg
    Kenneth.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Ken Detect1.jpg
    Ken Detect1.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 143
  • Kenneth3.jpg
    Kenneth3.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Ken's Add.jpg
    Ken's Add.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 148
  • KenServ.jpg
    KenServ.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 144
I knew about Fireball Electronics but not the man behind it. Thanks for the info. I have one of the Fireball-branded detectors.
Howdy Carl-NC--
That Fireball detector that you have is no doubt a classic. For a number of years, Kenneth supplied KellyCo with White's products. Thanks for your reply. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Must have been a great guy for you to take the time to mention...thank you... and rest in peace
Mr. Kenneth Z. Little
DFX-Gregg, thank you for your response. Yes. Kenneth was a great guy. One can go thru life and be thankful if they have 2 or 3 true friends. Kenneth was a true friend. He is missed. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I knew about Fireball Electronics but not the man behind it. Thanks for the info. I have one of the Fireball-branded detectors.
Howdy Carl-NC--
I was recently given a Comet 100 detector! I will post pictures later. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel