Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kind of a XP Deus personal survey

DirtAngler

1.Why did you buy the Deus
2.How do you like it and why
3. What did you use before

My answers: I bought it after using a friends to try and was impressed with the speed and lack of weight

I like it because I can go hours with it with no shoulder/arm pain, it separates well, and goes deep enough for me. I like the adjustment
capabilities but yet it can be used very effectively with the stock programs, plus being able to switch frequencies can be a plus at times.
What I'm concerned about is the battery setup in case of a failure since it's not a simple battery replacement solution, plus more coil options
would be nice. The backphones being wireless, like the whole machine, is nice but overkill for me and how I hunt. Don't know if I'd ever hunt
just using the headphones. Maybe for water hunting but haven't tried water hunting with a snorkel wire yet.

I used an Etrac, MXT, and F75 to name a few. The Etrac and MXT were too much for my shoulder and arm to handle for longer hunts but
I do have physical limitations. The F75 was just too chatty for my personal taste. I still have a Xterra 705 but it is now currently just a backup
machine.

I was intrigued with it after hunting with Gonehunting up in OK a couple months back. I have been using an Explorer SE Pro for a bit and loved and trusted it, but between a 25 lb toolbag at work and a almost 5 lb detector on off days, my elbow is about ready to give out. I like the light weight, and speed of it, and after seeing how well Pescadore could hit our buried coins where my Explorer had to be cranked to the point of almost unstable, even wide open on disc, I was sold. Then we actually went on a group hunt and his coin count with it was impressive, he was grabbing coins left and right in an area I had a constant null in. These are my reasons, and so far I am happy. I miss my minelab, and its intricacies, but the subtle differences in tones, between good reading coins and good reading junk on the Deus and it's ability to recover so quickly are slowly growing on me.

Needed a machine with more depth. Friends with 3030's were getting signals I couldn't touch. Read the boards about the Deus and was intrigued. They seemed close to equals, with the Dues having a $500 advantage. Weight was now the issue, my DFX with Sunray pointer was six plus pounds. After 3-4 hours my shoulder was shot and the concentration was gone. All day hunts were out of the picture and weekend hunts were not looking very good either. Went with the Deus and could not be happier. Gained the depth I wanted and lost the weight. Love my DFX ( I have 2 ), could pinpoint within an inch and have great programs in them. Both are keepers, but with the Deus I'm like the Everyready bunny, going all day and happy as could be.

For me it was the light weight and being wireless, plus the ability to change to the four frequencies. Still new, but I love the speed. I've have used the Minelab Safari, Whites, Tesoro and Garrett, and still have the Garrett GTI 1500, which I use as a backup, and is a very good detector.:thumbup:

I have an Etrac and heard a lot about the Deus. Light weight and fast. I have a lot of iron sites I hunt and could not be happier with the
Deus. Just the other day I had hunted with my Etrac and went over the same area with the Deus. Lots of nulling with the Etrac but did manage a 53 Rosie. Went over the same area with the Deus and found a 1901 Barber quarter. I probably missed it with the Etrac because of all the iron nulling. I use both, love them both.

I've had my Deus for just 20 months now. It caught my attention by its compactness and beautiful ergonomic design. I watched DiggingNorway's YouTube videos and read many positive reviews. Decided I could just about afford it after selling a dozen gold rings.

Coming from a Fisher F-4, which I really liked it, was a bit of a shock because the Deus was trying to convey so much more information. I'm pretty much up to speed now and I really love it!

In reality the Deus is like having a complete arsenal at your fingertips. The wireless feature is perfectly executed. Every session with it is a dream!.

DD has said it all, the only difference my journey with the Deus started nearly 3 years ago.

I have never looked back since owing it. Jerry.:thumbup:

I had a Minelab 705 and really liked it but felt that I might be missing some deep silver and heard all the hype on the E-trac and thought I needed one. I also had read about the Deus but it was way out of my price range so I passed on it. I had used Explorers in the past and got away from them because of how slow they were. I really thought that the E-trac would be a lot different but even though it was a little faster I did not see the big deal about it. I found some silver but nothing that I don't think I could have hit with my 705. I bought the E-trac used with an extra 8 inch Sunray and later bought the X-5 also trying to be happy with the E-trac. I have Rhematoid Arthritis and swinging the E-trac for long periods of time was very hard on my joints and combined with the lack of added performance, I was ready to go back to a lighter machine. I really wanted a Deus but thought my chances of getting one on a trade without paying extra would be unlikely but I posted for a trade on the Forums. I got a couple of trade offers for $300 plus the E-trac but held off for another day or two. One of the dealers that had made the $300 offer saw that I had the 2 extra coils and called me back with an even trade offer for a brand new Deus and so I immediately took the deal. I have been very happy with my decision and have found that the Deus fits my style of hunting much better than the Etrac did and depth wise was equal to or better in my ground than the E-trac. I am still learning about the Deus but have a pretty good handle on it and think it can only get better from here. Looking forward to seeing Ver 3 to see what features will change or be added. I am saving for the big coil and it is definitely in my not to distant future. Don't miss the E-trac at all !!!!

Pesc and I have had this type of discussion on some PM's. I agree with his findings, as they have been similar to mine. I'm just getting a faster deeper machine, and love the larger coil. I personally think the Deus conveys, to me, more distinct target information faster than my ML experience (CTX and several ETracs). The ergonomics are great, but weight falls way down my list of criteria scoring as the performance, both depth and speed, to me, are simply better than the other machines I've used.

Randy

DirtAngler said:
1.Why did you buy the Deus
2.How do you like it and why
3. What did you use before

1. A friend and very good MD'r with lots of experience said it was the best machine he's ever had.
2. Very damn good! Lightweight (I have some physical issues and this allows my to hunt longer. Target separation is excellent, great depth and of course wireless is very handy.
3. AT Pro, F75- traded both in towards the Deus and have never regretted it

........lightweight..........it's recovery speed........ETrac.

Gaz.