Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer and Racer 2 hunt

Kapok

Took both my detectors today, hunting an old home site, near where I found the 1806 King George cent. I had the OOR coil on the R2, and it performed so well. I’d almost forgotten how much I love that little detector. It pulled the crusty IH penny and the wheats out of really dense iron and rusty tin. Used the Kruzer in the open field and found this nice sleigh bell. Says Pat. Oct 24 76 & May 14 78.

I have to say, with the stock coil, the Kruzer is a load and puts a real strain on my bad elbow. The Racer with that little coil is light as a feather. I know the two weigh the same, but the Kruzer just feels harder to swing. I am looking forward to getting a smaller coil for the Kruzer.

Those are the 7" Concentric coil and the 5" DD coil. Of all the search coils offered for the Kruzer's, those are the only two must-have coils to make my unit fully versatile for most of the places I hunt.

Kapok said:
Took both my detectors today, hunting an old home site, near where I found the 1806 King George cent. I had the OOR coil on the R2, and it performed so well. I’d almost forgotten how much I love that little detector. It pulled the crusty IH penny and the wheats out of really dense iron and rusty tin. Used the Kruzer in the open field and found this nice sleigh bell. Says Pat. Oct 24 76 & May 14 78.
I had all my Racer 2 search coils stolen back in October with a lot of stuff, but I still had the 'OOR' DD coil with my Racer 2 at home. Then a month ago or so I got a 7" Concentric for it from Oregon Gregg. I had the 5" DD with my Racer 2 Pro Pack, but I also still had the 'OOR' DD around and, for personal reasons, I prefer it in really trashy sites. I have conducted some very challenging tests and the 5" DD on the Racer 2 and Relic and it out-performed the 'OOR' coil ... on the Racer and Racer 2.

It was a surprise to me as well as Gregg when we were doing those tests a year ago, but that was a tough challenge using a small, thin, Capped Bust Half-Dime. The Nokta CoRe w/'OOR' outperformed all of the others with an 'OOR' or 5" DD coil, and my main-use CoRe keeps that coil mounted full-time. But I have the Racer/Racer 2 'OOR' mounted on a lower rod in my Accessory Coil Tote because I like it. I think it is partly a psychological thing because of the appearance of the shape of that slightly Out-Of-Round coil compared to the round coils I have on other makes and models.

The only two search coils I own and use for my Racer 2 are the 7" Concentric I keep mounted for full-tome use, and the 'OOR' I switch to when dealing with very densely contaminated sites.

Kapok said:
I have to say, with the stock coil, the Kruzer is a load and puts a real strain on my bad elbow. The Racer with that little coil is light as a feather. I know the two weigh the same, but the Kruzer just feels harder to swing. I am looking forward to getting a smaller coil for the Kruzer.
I didn't like the rear-positioned rod-mount of the original Racer or the Nokta Impact's 7X11 DD coil, and preferred the Racer 2's 7X11 with the rod-mount close to center. It's similar to the 7X11 DD for the CoRe and Relic, and I only use a 7X11 on either of those two models. I don't even have one for the Impact or Racer series because they were stolen last fall, and besides, they were not comfortable for me on any Racer for more than 10 minutes or so due to my bad shoulder and back.

The same goes for my Multi-Kruzer. It's comfortable and I can hunt a little longer with the standard coil, but need to get a 7" Concentric and 5" DD for it. I have been using those from my Impact and that makes it more comfortable and performs similar to the Impact and Racer 2 in very trashy conditions.

Congrats on your success and I especially enjoy seeing the Indian Head cent. One of my favorite looking coins to find. Best of success on your next trip afield.

Monte

I would like your opinion Monte if you would like to share it

I have the impact and the multi kruzer and previously had a racer 2

Im trying to differentiate what the makro does vs the impact. I got it because its waterproof to use at the beach and for competition hunts in case in rains. To me the multi kruzer is light as a feather

Beyond those applications beach and competition hunts are there other reasons to pull the kruzer as opposed to the impact? I dont know of any so wanted to ask you

GroundHug said:
I would like your opinion Monte if you would like to share it
I don't mind sharing, just remember these are my 'opinions' and we all can look at things differently.

GroundHug said:
I have the impact and the multi kruzer and previously had a racer 2
I guess I am a bit better prepared because along with my two Tesoro's, my MX-7, CoRe, Relic, Impact and Multi-Kruzer, I still have my Racer 2 in my detector battery. All have their strong and weak points, but, again, it is an individual preference.

GroundHug said:
Im trying to differentiate what the makro does vs the impact. I got it because its waterproof to use at the beach and for competition hunts in case in rains. To me the multi kruzer is light as a feather
There are some differences in the search modes the Impact and Multi-Kruzer share, and they both provide three frequency selection. I actually prefer to grab my Impact first these days, but that's because I only have the stock 7x11 DD for the Multi-Kruzer. I have used the Impact coils on the Multi-Kruzer and it will be a unit I grab more often when I get a 7" Concentric coil for it. That will be for general, day-to-day use, and a 5" DD for hunting very trashy sites.

I like the Kruzer series because they are waterproof, and that's the main difference between it and the Impact. I also like the grip they used on the Kruzer, and the flexible arm cup, but to be honest, I don't feel the Multi-Kruzer is "light as a feather" with the stock 7X11 DD mounted. I have a bad back, neck, shoulders, and left leg, knee and foot. My mobility isn't great and with my age and health/mobility limitations, I haven't entered a Competition Hunt since back in the days when there were a loot of them, often, and they had a lot of silver coins to be found.

However, if I entered such a hunt today, I would have to pick between my Impact, Multi-Kruzer, Racer 2 and MX-7 and it would likely be one of the latter two, especially the Racer 2. I'd use the 7" Concentric coil because it is very light and comfortably balanced, and it works great. As I said, you're getting my 'opinions' on this, but if I were limited to the Impact and :unsure: Multi-Kruzer, and they each had identical coils mounted ... well, you might have made the decision to grab the latter if it is raining. For the Beach Hunting you do, naturally the Multi-Kruzer is the way to go.

GroundHug said:
Beyond those applications beach and competition hunts are there other reasons to pull the kruzer as opposed to the impact?
Both the Impact and Multi-Kruzer are all-purpose capable and if I had only these two detector models, I would mount a 7" Concentric on the Impact for general use and a 5" DD on the Multi-Kruzer for hunting densely trash-contaminated sites because I like the feel of the Multi-Kruzer better with the 5" and the 7" Concentric on the Impact is going to handle all the general purpose hunting for me.

Just my personal thoughts.

Monte