Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer - Impact ergonomics

Kapok

I have the Racer 2 and now the Kruzer but have never used the Impact. To those of you who have used the Kruzer and the Impact, how would you rate them in ease of swinging. I have a bad elbow, so am just curious about this.

Having had all three, I think the Impact is the best balanced and swings the best even though it weighs the most. I think the Racer 2 and Kruzer swing much better with a smaller coil like the 7” concentric or 5x9 DD.

Kapok said:
I have the Racer 2 and now the Kruzer but have never used the Impact. To those of you who have used the Kruzer and the Impact, how would you rate them in ease of swinging. I have a bad elbow, so am just curious about this.

I'm going to have a different opinion then Tom. For me, the Impact was a killer on my hand. It's a great detector, one of the most capable detectors I've ever owned, but for me, the ergonomics of the handle and slack in the armrest made it uncomfortable for ME to swing sometimes. The Multi Kruzer is so light, that even though the ergonomics may not be world class, it doesn't kill my hand like the much heavier Impact.

That said, everyone is different, there are some workarounds on the Impact to help with some of the ergo issues, and for some people it may work just fine so YMMV and it's just my 2 cents.

HH,
Brian

Cal_Cobra said:

I'm going to have a different opinion then Tom. For me, the Impact was a killer on my hand. It's a great detector, one of the most capable detectors I've ever owned, but for me, the ergonomics of the handle and slack in the armrest made it uncomfortable for ME to swing sometimes. The Multi Kruzer is so light, that even though the ergonomics may not be world class, it doesn't kill my hand like the much heavier Impact.

That said, everyone is different, there are some workarounds on the Impact to help with some of the ergo issues, and for some people it may work just fine so YMMV and it's just my 2 cents.

HH,
Brian
Interesting... With the stock coil, the Kruzer (and the Racer for that matter) is hard for me to swing for long periods of time, and after about half an hour, I find myself trading arms, due to my bad elbow. But that would probably be true of any detector except maybe a Deus. Maybe once I get the 7" concentric on the MK, I'll have a different reaction. Again, this isn't a gripe about the Kruzer, just trying to figure out the best workaround for my limitation.

Brian just reminded me that I had an issue with the Impact at first. I had changed to a Fisher arm cuff and that made a.big difference in how the Impact felt. So in stock form I didn’t like it so we’ll. I’ve sold my Impact and forgot about the change I made to make it comfortable for me. So thinking back, Brian’s right.

Impact will impact your elbow due to the weight of the detector. But, it balances better than the MMK. The Impact handle is not perfect, hurts my wrist and creates a numbness in my fingers. Please note that I do have a bad elbow and a bad wrist. I am good with the Impact for a few hours sporting the 7" coil. I came up with a fix for the Impact handle that works better, you'll need to search the Impact forum for my post. Or PM me with an email for pictures.

The MMK is lighter in weight, feels really good with the 7" coil. I don't have any issues with it. Moving the armcuff up to the first hole in the handle make make some improvement for you. But the extra few inches of the handle tube that will now stick out the back of the cuff tends to hit the underside of your elbow. A 3/8" piece of high density foam placed on the bottom inside the arm cuff improves the overall feel of the detector, and the protruding tubing behind the arm cuff is no longer felt.

Sven said:
Impact will impact your elbow due to the weight of the detector. But, it balances better than the MMK. The Impact handle is not perfect, hurts my wrist and creates a numbness in my fingers. Please note that I do have a bad elbow and a bad wrist. I am good with the Impact for a few hours sporting the 7" coil. I came up with a fix for the Impact handle that works better, you'll need to search the Impact forum for my post. Or PM me with an email for pictures.

The MMK is lighter in weight, feels really good with the 7" coil. I don't have any issues with it. Moving the armcuff up to the first hole in the handle make make some improvement for you. But the extra few inches of the handle tube that will now stick out the back of the cuff tends to hit the underside of your elbow. A 3/8" piece of high density foam placed on the bottom inside the arm cuff improves the overall feel of the detector, and the protruding tubing behind the arm cuff is no longer felt.
Thanks got this info. I’m going to try your suggestions for the MMK.

I've read here that the opt battery pack really helps balance the MK with the stock coil.

galwayboy said:
I've read here that the opt battery pack really helps balance the MK with the stock coil.

Not heavy enough to make a big difference, folks tend to embellish...........

The 7" concentric coil also helps out a little.

The third picture shows a properly balanced detector, no add'l wrist action needed to keep the coil parallel with the ground.

Sven said:

Not heavy enough to make a big difference, folks tend to embellish...........

The 7" concentric coil also helps out a little.

The third picture shows a properly balanced detector, no add'l wrist action needed to keep the coil parallel with the ground.

Sven I like the shaft on my 75 the most of any detector I've held in my hand. That said, you have maintained all along the straight shaft Quest detectors have the best ergonomics of them all. I'm not a huge "s" shaft guy but the M Kruzer is not bad at all.

Yes the Quest is best straight shaft set-up and it balances really nice, and the Quest feels lighter than a Tesoro umax.
As for s-handles, nothing wrong with the MMK s-handle and grip. Feels good and is comfortable. The nice thing about s-handle detectors, they don't fall over when placed on the ground as a true "straight" shaft does.

The modified type "bent" straight shaft such as the F75, T2, G2 is a wonderful set-up as well.