Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer Manual question about standard ID

Kapok

I’ve been carefully reading the manual (thanks for the prompt, Sven!) and have a question about the meaning of standard vs. normalized IDs from the top of p 12 in the manual.

Manual said:
On the multi Kruzer, when the operating frequency is changed (5kHz/14kHz/19kHz), the Target ID will change as well. This represents the ''Standard'' ID scaling of the device. IMPORTANT! At start up, multi Kruzer will utilize the ''Normalized'' ID scale and not the Standard ID scale. In other words, the IDs will not change upon frequency change and the device will generate the 14kHz IDs in each frequency..

At the risk of sounding like a ninny, does this mean I need to remember 3 sets of target ranges—one for each freq?

I get it now. The target ID chart at the end of the table cleared it up for me. Now I DO feel like a ninny for asking...:blink:

Maybe someone can learn something from me having posed the question.

Now I remember reading elsewhere somewhere. That in Normalized #'s in 14khz is "true number ID's. When all frequencies are Normalized you may not get full performance of the other frequencies. Reason being is that the other frequencies are being converted into Normalized target ID numbers from their native Standardized target ID numbers. This is something that could be tested out. I have always run Normalized on all frequencies when I used the Impact. So I cannot at this time verify how much performance difference there would be. Just something to think about.

Sven said:
Now I remember reading elsewhere somewhere. That in Normalized #'s in 14khz is "true number ID's. When all frequencies are Normalized you may not get full performance of the other frequencies. Reason being is that the other frequencies are being converted into Normalized target ID numbers from their native Standardized target ID numbers. This is something that could be tested out. I have always run Normalized on all frequencies when I used the Impact. So I cannot at this time verify how much performance difference there would be. Just something to think about.

That would be a good thing to test out, to evaluate the performance of each frequency in standard and normalized on different targets and depths.

The chart in the back of the Impact manual also helped me out too.
The wording in the manual is a bit to be desired for a novice of Nokta products.
If you had machines before then maybe you already understand but a new guy who is older that is another story.

Love the Impact so far and learning more each time I take it out!

BigTony said:
The chart in the back of the Impact manual also helped me out too.
The wording in the manual is a bit to be desired for a novice of Nokta products.
If you had machines before then maybe you already understand but a new guy who is older that is another story.

Love the Impact so far and learning more each time I take it out!
I am coming from the Racer 2, so at first read, it was a tad confusing. But that's on me for not completely reading the manual and referring to chart at the end. Would love to hear from people who have used both the Kruzer and the Impact and see how they compare.

Yes, I would like that information as well.
I saw a Kruzer video just today on someone testing a gold chain in the water and the Kruzer picked it up both flat and in a ball. It looked like the TDI was a 16 but the screen was tilted and hard to see it.
This person went by the smooth tone it gave off.

I saw the ID number as 16, which is generally the low numbers associated with small foil, and small gold. Even smaller gold like round gold necklace clasps will ID in the lower iron range of 4. Real thin gold chains would ID in this area as well. If your used to setting discrimination to disc out foil, good chance you will miss the gold chains and smaller gold.

The manual may seem confusing at first. You just can't read it once, turn on the detector and plow away like a pro. You need to read, then turn on your detector, and practice what you just read using every feature and function. If you don't understand, read again. Practice, practice, practice for the newcomer. And it can be just on a bench or in the ground in your backyard, bury targets, see what they sound like in each mode. A few hours or so bench testing will acclimate you to the Kruzer so when you actually do go out and hunt, you have some idea of how it will operate and react to targets. It takes a number of times out hunting digging all targets good and bad. Then the detector and its functions and settings will start to click with you. The Kruzer was easy for me to use as I came off the Impact which is very similar, with 12 modes-3 frequencies is equal to 36 detectors in one. The Kruzer 6 modes-3 frequencies is equal to 18 detectors in one.
To all new users, I suggest you use factory preset modes, when you are first learning, less chance of being overwhelmed by all the features and settings.

Good luck and happy hunting

Sven said:
I saw the ID number as 16, which is generally the low numbers associated with small foil, and small gold. Even smaller gold like round gold necklace clasps will ID in the lower iron range of 4. Real thin gold chains would ID in this area as well. If your used to setting discrimination to disc out foil, good chance you will miss the gold chains and smaller gold.

The manual may seem confusing at first. You just can't read it once, turn on the detector and plow away like a pro. You need to read, then turn on your detector, and practice what you just read using every feature and function. If you don't understand, read again. Practice, practice, practice for the newcomer. And it can be just on a bench or in the ground in your backyard, bury targets, see what they sound like in each mode. A few hours or so bench testing will acclimate you to the Kruzer so when you actually do go out and hunt, you have some idea of how it will operate and react to targets. It takes a number of times out hunting digging all targets good and bad. Then the detector and its functions and settings will start to click with you. The Kruzer was easy for me to use as I came off the Impact which is very similar, with 12 modes-3 frequencies is equal to 36 detectors in one. The Kruzer 6 modes-3 frequencies is equal to 18 detectors in one.
To all new users, I suggest you use factory preset modes, when you are first learning, less chance of being overwhelmed by all the features and settings.

Good luck and happy hunting

Good advice Sven and it's what I am doing! The MMK is complicated but once I'm comfortable with it, I think my MXT will be retired to spare status.

Sven said:
..16...which is generally the low numbers associated with small foil, and small gold.

Sven, do you have any other test numbers for gold items based on size? I don't have many samples, but in 3 tone/14Khz, a thin broken 14k ladies ring came in at 22 and a mens large 14k band at a bangin' 54. Seems like I saw a video where someone else was looking for a 53-54 signal, finally ran across one and it was a big ring. All of the ring pulls I've tested or found have been mid 40s and pull tabs bouncing 31-35. I've had 3 solid 30-31 signals so far and all were nickles. Seemed like a war nickle rang in around 54 also.

Gold can come in anywhere, you would have to dig from 17 on up. The Minelab chart is a good indicator where gold falls for the Xterra. I always use it as a reference