Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer scores an 1806!

Kapok

Kruzer scores me an 1806 King George III British large cent today. At the depth of my pinpointer, VDI locked on at 81-82, and in 4 tones the signal was exceptionally strong. Running 5khz, 93 sens.

I had no issues ground balancing today and aside from a bit of EMI, the detector was very smooth and stable. So needless to say I’m happy with my Kruzer today!

Kapok said:
Kruzer scores me an 1806 King George III British large cent today. At the depth of my pinpointer, VDI locked on at 81-82, and in 4 tones the signal was exceptionally strong. Running 5khz, 93 sens.

I had no issues ground balancing today and aside from a bit of EMI, the detector was very smooth and stable. So needless to say I’m happy with my Kruzer today!

OUTSTANDING Kapok. Congrats. I am of the belief that the Kruzer will be better in the ground than air test.

Nice job, 4-tone mode is my favorite, deep and loves silver, copper, brass, etc. :thumbup:

I was going to ask you how did 5kHz run, but apparently it's a rhetorical question, looks like it ran great! I've found 5kHz to be the most EMI affected frequency on both the Impact and MK, but fun to run when it works out.

HH,
Cal

Cal_Cobra said:
Nice job, 4-tone mode is my favorite, deep and loves silver, copper, brass, etc. :thumbup:

I was going to ask you how did 5kHz run, but apparently it's a rhetorical question, looks like it ran great! I've found 5kHz to be the most EMI affected frequency on both the Impact and MK, but fun to run when it works out.

HH,
Cal
I didn't know about 5khz being susceptible to EMI. I'll keep that in mind. I'm using that frequency at this location because all the detectors we've used on it are 14-15khz machines, so thought I'd try 5 to see if I could pull out deeper signals. 4 tones is a bit chirpy, but it feels a lot like 2 tones on my Racer 2, which I am totally used to.

By the way, I found this coin in mid-Michigan--not an area where we often find coins that old. I did pull an 1836 large cent from this same area though.

that's a sweet coin, post another pic when you get it cleaned off

galwayboy said:
that's a sweet coin, post another pic when you get it cleaned off
It is so corroded, I'm afraid to do much to it. I picked at it a bit with a toothpick and didn't seem to be accomplishing much, so I think I'll just leave it alone. I'll post better photos tonight if I can.

Good deal Kapok.... Haven't tried the 5hz yet... Nice:clapping:

Here are some better photos. As you can see, it’s badly corroded, so I’m not going to try to clean it any further. The 6 is only legible under bright light. Too bad it’s not 1808–there’s only 1 known. Amazing how big the coin is (35mm—nearly 1.4 inches). A lot of copper for one cent.

Kapok, that is good enough to excite us all. Again terrific find, congratulations.
What country did you find that coin?

BigTony said:
Kapok, that is good enough to excite us all. Again terrific find, congratulations.
What country did you find that coin?

The coin was found in Kent County, Michigan

That's a really nice find. Never have found any coin that old.

OregonGregg said:
That's a really nice find. Never have found any coin that old.
Neither had I, Gregg, and I’m 57. It’s very unusual to find an old coin like this in mid Michigan—near Detroit they find older things, but not where I live.