Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer Small Coil Also tone problem

W

woody

Can anyone recommend a small coil for the multi Kruzer in the 6" to 7" range? Also the tones seem muddled, like in a barrel. Maybe a little muted. I've tried every combination I can think of with no better results. Any help is appreciated.

The tones on my MMK are sharp and clear. Could be the headphones you're using. If you're using the Marko wireless then they should be working well also. It's possible that the detector has an issue. The 7" concentric coil works really well. Better discrimination than the DD's and it pinpoints right in the center.

Not sure why the audio would be muddled, unless it's the headphones as the audio is crystal clear on my MMK. Maybe try a different set of headphones?

Regarding a smaller coil recommendation I have had great luck with the 7.5x4'' DD Search Coil. Works very well hunting iron infested relic sites, and I like that it's a closed loop coil as I can really get under brush without having the coil get caught up all the time on the undergrowth.

GL&HH,
Cal

Tom, Cal thanks so much for your input. I'm using the wireless phones. I'll try a couple of other brands I use that I know gives clear tones. One thing, are the 7" and the 75x4' coils made by Makro? If not, who makes them? Thanks again.

My two favorite smaller to mid-size coils are the 5" DD and 7" Concentric. The 7" Concentric if my favorite all-purpose coil on that unit. These coils are made by Makro.

Headphones and audio report are another thing. The speaker produced audio of the Multi-Kruzer is very crisp and clear. However, due to the speaker impedance and design of the wireless headphones, they have a more-or-less 'muffled' sort of sound for me, too. The reason is that I have impaired hearing, actually deaf according to the military since 1982. I own and use three brands of corded headphones because some detector models I have don't work very well with one so I grab the set that works best with them.

On most of my detectors, the Killer B 'Hornet' headphones work quite well, such as with my Nokta FORS CoRe or FORS Relic and Makro Racer 2, or my White's XLT or any of my Tesoro's. But the Nokta Impact and Makro Multi-Kruzer and White's MX-7 still don't sound as loud or as clear so I use a different headphones such as my White's Pro-Stars. My 3rd set of headphones are the Detector Pro Uniprobe so I have three different types, all with the tank-style ear-cup, to choose from for best audio loudness and clarity.

Monte

woody said:
Tom, Cal thanks so much for your input. I'm using the wireless phones. I'll try a couple of other brands I use that I know gives clear tones. One thing, are the 7" and the 75x4' coils made by Makro? If not, who makes them? Thanks again.

The 7" concentric, and the 7.5x4' DD coils are made by Makro :thumbup: