Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lake Very Alkaline :rant: VLF Struggles, But ATX Cuts Through The Sand Like Butter! :wiggle:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
snake%203_zpss18va09i.jpg~original

Just a fantastic day! Wore my chest waders for most of the hunt. Got ring #40 for this year. Got some clad and a silver ring.

snake%204_zpsqx3uonbw.jpg~original

This lake is so weird, it eats copper. It's very alkaline. The coil and scoop were covered with a white coating after they dried. Here you can see what a penny looks like from the lake. It comes out covered with a black slag, and the penny is nearly as thin as paper.

snake%205_zps2da2kbik.jpg~original

Here are the finds of the day. Some of the coins had to be heated with a torch and quenched in a pickle solution to get the difficult oxides off.

snake%206_zpstcdebqjz.jpg~original

On my back to the car, I nearly stepped on this garter snake. I was surprised that he was still out and about. It's betting below freezing at night and he should be hibernating.

snake%207_zps8rictr8d.jpg~original

Here is my prize for the day. A silver ring, #40 for this year. I was getting a little worried that I might not get another one this year.

Heck, a few coins, a ring, great out doors, great fall colors, fresh air, good nights sleep......what else does one really need to be happy. :)