Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Land Star users

TG77

How many Land Star users are out there? What are your likes/dislikes about this machine? What is the depth that the Land Star can reach and last but not least, If you had it all to do over would you still buy the Land Star?

Thanks and HH!!

i have had my rs landstar since 2002, and is what i really started out with. the best part to me is it is a work horse. with the no motion all metal mode, which is very powerful, you can relic/cache hunt and prospect, although i have not tried it prospecting, but i assume it would be good especially with the 4 inch coil. and then you have the 3 disc modes for coin/jewelry hunting. get the 3 coils for this and it should be all you need. i am sure there are other detectors that will go deeper, especially in disc mode, but i am guessing they would cost 2-3 times as much too. i like trying different detectors, and like some of the other brands too, but i will hang on to my landstar until i find something as trusty as it. i have heard that the new landstars with the new software (since 2005 or 2006) will get much better depth and have better target response. someone that knows hopefully will chime in on this. hh Tim

Thanks tbird. The Landstar has had my interest for awhile now. Didn't know that about the software. Thanks!

Anyone else?

Happy Thanksgiving.

TG77

Hmmmm...Wonder if you sent your older LandStar back to Bounty Hunter if they could install the new chip, or board??? Wonder how much they would charge, or if it would just be better to swap the machine out for a new one?

More depth and better target separation are always good...One reason I love my LandStar...I wonder if there is a way to tell how old a detector is by the board serial number or something?

Happy Hunting,