Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last time out with the XL Po

I a thr

I just got my XL Pro in Sept and it has provided some remarkable finds for me. Here in Western Iowa it's hard to find real old coins, as the area where I live near the Missouri River wasn't settled much before the mid 1850's. However with some diligent research by my brother,Digger,and I we have managed to find some pretty nice old finds. These are four that I pulled out of a cornfield which was a horse race track in the mid to late 1800's. About four hours of hunting but the newest was an 1883 IH. Along with a 1878 IH, and a 1873 IH. But my favorite was the 1853 Seated Dime. Guess we definitely need to go back in the spring. Even at one coin/hour I think it's worth it with the older coins. I just can't explain the feeling of digging old silver.
HH
Bill

I especially like 'silver shooting' but not due to the coin's value. Simply because the coin's come out looking great compared with the ugly condition of 90+% of the older pennies and nickels we recover around here. Some areas of Eastern Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming and Arizona I get to hunt from time to time have much friendlier ground environment than here in NW Oregon and I can get some decent oldies, but here .... mainly silver.

Make sure you work it every time you get a chance, and all the best to you!

Monte

about 20% of the IH's and older copper coins, here in SW Iowa, are not in very good condition. Not due to natural ground conditions but rather fertilizers and chemicals used on lawns and farm fields. I got a 2 center this past Summer from a cornfield and it was excellent. You just never know! Sure wish I could stumble onto a LC. I was visiting with a local farmer a few weeks ago who eyeballed an 1852 LC in his bean field prior to planting last Spring. So there are a few around here, just not too many.
HH
Bill

Large Cents in all the years I've been hunting. One, an 1851, in my favorite Utah ghost town got got it's start in 1869, and another large Cent in a small northern Utah town where the home were were hunting around used to be a stage stop. The other three Large Cents I got here in Oregon. I've only found four 2